Recommend me my first couple of PC games for my new Legion laptop,please

Posted 4th Jul 2023
So I got this Legion 7i gen 8 rtx 4060 gaming laptop and I'm looking for my first game to buy.

I don't have experience with gaming on PC with the keyboard and probably would initially use a gaming joystick (the Stadia one probably). I'll be able to play at High settings in FHD or WHD and won't use external monitor for some time.
I know that in the future I'll buy Microsoft flight simulator or similar for my son but for now I'm after something for me only.
Unless somebody can explain to me about that 3 years/whatever gaming pass heavily discounted trick that was mentioned somewhere over time on HUKD, I suppose that mainly I would be buying one/few games and try to finish it/them in some months.

I don't have time to plan for online multiplayer and my internet at home is mobile so...solo gaming basically.

I like games where you explore and some action but not necessarily just shooting mess with no purpose other than destroying. From my previous gaming and knowledge I like Assassin's creed-alike, Metal Gear Solid. But would like whatever has enigmas. Now can't remember much but basically I'm not a fan of just $h1t destroying without commitment,afterall I'm over 40..
As long as I'm not bored easily I'm open to many genres of game play. Not a fan of soccer games and alikes but not disliking racing and other sports. Probably Hogwarts legacy is on the list because of my son as well,but also curious about other stuff.
Please tell me also where to look for lists of games and reviews especially for PC games.
Not obsessed with ultra graphics quality (even if my Legion will be good enough for some time) and in the future I could attach a eGPU via TB4,so it's more about a good balance of occasional enjoyment of the gaming on my laptop.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    championship manager ‘97
    The fallout and elder scrolls games are great for solo players
    Unless somebody can explain to me about that 3 years/whatever gaming pass heavily discounted trick that was mentioned somewhere over time on HUKD, I suppose that mainly I would be buying one/few games and try to finish it/them in some months.

Considering you go in depth with your posts, you really should use the site search bar to find the many many posts on game pass, as it includes msfs2020.
    Frogger
    Horace goes skiing
    Resident Evil VII and Resident Evil VIII are great games with a good mix of story, exploration and action. REVII is more horror focused, VIII is more actiony and cheesy. They also both run pretty well on modestly specced PCs.

The REmakes are all very good too.
    Dues ex series is awesome if you like metal gear solid.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants