Returned items for a refund but company is lying

Posted 16th Aug 2021
I returned jewellery to cernucci. They are refusing to refund me because they said I haven't returned all the items in the order which is a lie. What do I do?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

31 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    Amroze016/08/2021 11:34

I've already returned the items. Don't know if PayPal will do anything now …I've already returned the items. Don't know if PayPal will do anything now for me not receiving the refund.

open a dispute with them now
    mas99
    Amroze016/08/2021 11:22

Yes but they say they have only received 3 of the 4 items back. I know …Yes but they say they have only received 3 of the 4 items back. I know they are telling lies because I placed another with them after I sent the first order back due to the size being incorrect. They said that they have received only of the two items sent back from the second order which i didn't even return.

Are they mixing up your orders?
    Is the item they think they have got back from the second order actually the 'missing' item from the first order return?
    Anonymous User
    give them the tracking number to prove they received it.
    Yaymee
    Amroze016/08/2021 11:22

Yes but they say they have only received 3 of the 4 items back. I know …Yes but they say they have only received 3 of the 4 items back. I know they are telling lies because I placed another with them after I sent the first order back due to the size being incorrect. They said that they have received only of the two items sent back from the second order which i didn't even return.

Question whether they are checking the correct order number?
    Anonymous User
    Amroze016/08/2021 11:23

I have. They are saying they haven't received full order back.

Credit Card or Paypal dispute is your next step.
    Biddy2
    Did you pay with a credit card? If you did and the order was over £100, I’d begin a section 75 with the card issuer.

Did you return them via Royal Mail? Normally on your proof of postage, they’ll be a weight listed on it. It may be on your tracking from a courier but not guaranteed.

Who arranged the return? Was it the company or yourself? If the company paid for the return, then tell them you put them all in there, so the only thing that must have happened is the courier company stole it. As they (Cernucci) arranged the courier, their contract is with them and it’s their place to chase it. If you arranged it however, then it becomes more difficult.
    Amroze0 Author
    Biddy216/08/2021 11:33

Did you pay with a credit card? If you did and the order was over £100, …Did you pay with a credit card? If you did and the order was over £100, I’d begin a section 75 with the card issuer. Did you return them via Royal Mail? Normally on your proof of postage, they’ll be a weight listed on it. It may be on your tracking from a courier but not guaranteed. Who arranged the return? Was it the company or yourself? If the company paid for the return, then tell them you put them all in there, so the only thing that must have happened is the courier company stole it. As they (Cernucci) arranged the courier, their contract is with them and it’s their place to chase it. If you arranged it however, then it becomes more difficult.

Yes it was through cernucci. I'll just tell them to chase it up with DHL then. Thanks
    Biddy2

Yes it was through cernucci. I'll just tell them to chase it up with DHL …Yes it was through cernucci. I'll just tell them to chase it up with DHL then. Thanks

Try that. If that fails, open a PayPal dispute and upload the tracking number so they can see you returned it. You’ll likely win the case in your favour. Point out in the Paypal dispute that you returned all the items and obviously DHL or their (Cernucci) staff have stolen one if it is not there and as such, it’s for them to chase as they arranged the courier/employed the staff.
    Seeyalater2
    Hi kind off topic but what the item like do they fade turn you skin green as wanting to order from them
    splatsplatsplat
    wow, just seen their twitter account.

"mfs" in every tweet. nice.
    Raptorman
    Just looked at their website shop and it all looks hugely overpriced for what is essentially costume jewellery.
    BigBoss85
    Open dispute with paypal. Tell them you returned it as sizing was correct and that you ordered the correct size afterwards. They will see from your account activity that you did place a second order.
    bozo007
    Do you have proof of the return? In store or shipped it back?
    Amroze0 Author
    bozo00716/08/2021 11:20

Do you have proof of the return? In store or shipped it back?

Yes but they say they have only received 3 of the 4 items back. I know they are telling lies because I placed another with them after I sent the first order back due to the size being incorrect. They said that they have received only of the two items sent back from the second order which i didn't even return.
    Amroze0 Author
    deleted7595316/08/2021 11:20

give them the tracking number to prove they received it.

I have. They are saying they haven't received full order back.
    Amroze0 Author
    Yaymee16/08/2021 11:23

Question whether they are checking the correct order number?

I did. Their reply was that they have received only 3 of the 4 items back.
    Amroze0 Author
    deleted7595316/08/2021 11:29

Credit Card or Paypal dispute is your next step.

I've already returned the items. Don't know if PayPal will do anything now for me not receiving the refund.
    Amroze0 Author
    Seeyalater216/08/2021 11:56

Hi kind off topic but what the item like do they fade turn you skin green …Hi kind off topic but what the item like do they fade turn you skin green as wanting to order from them

They probably will turn your skin green. I've seen many reviews of this. I should have looked into company before. Many people are having issues with their refunds. I wouldn't recommend them.
    Amroze0 Author
    Raptorman16/08/2021 12:17

Just looked at their website shop and it all looks hugely overpriced for …Just looked at their website shop and it all looks hugely overpriced for what is essentially costume jewellery.

Yup made the biggest mistake ordering from these. Have over £600 stuck.
    paul_merton
    splatsplatsplat16/08/2021 12:02

wow, just seen their twitter account. "mfs" in every tweet. nice.

Target audience and all that.
    Not my cup of tea.
    Voltix

I've already returned the items. Don't know if PayPal will do anything now …I've already returned the items. Don't know if PayPal will do anything now for me not receiving the refund.

dont waste your time on them, just open dispute with paypal or ask your bank for chargeback (edited)
    optrex10
    The only positive reviews are 'invited'. Stay clear
    Mark_Hickman
    No offence but who orders from these jokers, twitter posts are ridiculous, who advertises like that, joke of a company but i guess daft teens will buy anything
    spaceman
    Did you post yourself? Could there be something in the weight that proves all 4 items were shipped?
    Delbert.Grady
    TobiRIP16/08/2021 16:49

what does mfs mean?

Question has already been asked, and answered, see previous comments.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants