Steam Deck Accessory - USB C hub with integrated SSD

Posted 20th Jun 2022
Hi Guys,

Been looking to ways to add storage to my steamdeck (as it goes pretty quickly.. like Mass effect legendary is 120gb)

Ive already change my SSD from 64gb to 512gb and have added a 1tb micro SD but filled it pretty quickly.

The issue is the steamdeck only has one USB C port so adding a external usb drive would mean sacrificing power/charging. So the solution is to get a hub with an integrated storage and power pass through.

This MINIX Neo 480gb seems the best value, and i see this currently works with the Ebay voucher so makes total £59.49, about £100 elsewhere :

ebay.co.uk/itm…511

Maybe a good option for some
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed for my Steam Deck and I wasn't aware this existed.
    I am also looking to upgrade the internal SSD also but finding it difficult to source a 512GB 2230 NVMe other than eBay. Prices seem to be increasing for this form factor.

Replying to

Thanks for the link, I will follow the guide for external drives.

I managed to order a 2230 NVMe from CEX but when it arrived it was a 2242
    Need to head back to CEX for a refund and maybe check stock in-store and try my luck.

Thanks for the advice, I will keep a look out on eBay and send out a few offers. I might go for the 512GB micron 2100 as it seems to be reliable and works well with the Steam Deck.
    Bear in mind this is just a USB hub and USB external drive together in a single case, you can always buy the two items separately and they'll function identically.
Discussions
Top Merchants