VW App Connect - you can activate this function by means of an activation code. Please contact your dealer

Posted 18th Jul 2021
Hi just purchased a second hand car that is a few years old and it comes up with this.
Is it worth purchasing? having googled it implies it give Apple play etc. Just wondered if anyone had purchased and how much they paid for it and where is the best place to get the code?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    We have that error but only on the voice side App connect works without issues and we look to have the same head unit. It’s been a while since I set it up but think you just connect the phone and it does it all for you.

Have you tried updating the software and trying to connect your phones or calling the dealer and asking for a code they may not charge you for it.
    hd321 Author
    deleted7595318/07/2021 20:27

We have that error but only on the voice side App connect works without …We have that error but only on the voice side App connect works without issues and we look to have the same head unit. It’s been a while since I set it up but think you just connect the phone and it does it all for you. Have you tried updating the software and trying to connect your phones or calling the dealer and asking for a code they may not charge you for it.

Thanks for the reply. I was going to give them a call tomorrow for a price. I’ve plugged in an iPhone and it doesn’t do anything haven’t tried the Mrs pixel yet. Looking online it seems the restrict to up sell later. Just wondered if anyone had managed to bypass.
    7ommy.78
    Also worth seeing if you can find someone with VCDS as they might be able to activate it and other options for you.
    lzzwzz
    I have a 2016 Golf and found VW connect to be pretty useless. I think they gave me a data plug to stick in under the driver side handy drawer? I don’t remember ever needing a code.

I do remember the dealer telling me that the ‘Voice’ button on the head unit is redundant for anyone other than German customers as VW hadn’t activated it globally. (edited)
    hd321 Author
    45212279-vHPP7.jpg
    45212279-5mnSQ.jpg
    45212279-h74vl.jpg
    45212279-2CQqW.jpg
    45212279-ZU3Ja.jpg
    jase.2
    Audi Connect is useless so i expect VW will be too, its so bad I cant believe a company like Audi lets such a bad system out into the market
    Turret-Buddy
    Can't you just connect via Bluetooth?
    robert.cleary
    £330 from VW dealer
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants