Xbox Gamepass cloud gaming issue?

Posted 5th Feb 2023
Tried playing some cloud games on my Series X earlier and none would load, they just got stuck on the rocketship loading screen? I rebooted Xbox with no joy, then out of the blue one of the games worked so i played it for a while then tried another few games only for them to do the same thing again?

I had nothing downloading or updating and I reset my router just the other day.

Anyone any ideas whats wrong?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Maverick77
    I sometimes think it depends on how many servers they have free. At the weekend I imagine that they are overloaded and waiting time to get connected is longer. Much like when you use gforce now except Xbox doesn't tell you how many are waiting, it just does it think I'm the background.
    Baza72
    Happens to me all the time. I have a decent broadband connection too. Have given up on running games from the cloud.
    1spoon1 Author
    Yea its anoying especially when you just want to do the reward points challenges without installing gb of data!
    CommanderKeen
    Seems to happen to everyone most of the time. Amazing really, I thought more people would kick up a fuss about it - We're paying for something they're not providing..
    McShane
    Worked just fine for me about an hour ago, but I've had the constant rocket ship before.

It is still in beta so these things are expected.
's avatar
Top Merchants