AGFA DC5500 digital camera blank screen

Posted 6th Jul 2023
Good afternoon,

Looking for a bit of advice, please...

Just bought an AGFA DC5500 digital camera from Argos. Turned it on and all I'm getting is a blank screen!

I'm not sure if the battery needs to be fully charged, so am charging it up now.

Nothing in the manual about blank screen meaning anything, so not looking to promising...

I expect I will have to trot back down to Argos with it, unless anyone has any suggestions as to anything obvious it could be, please?

Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    GoodAsGold
    Honestly that camera is guaranteed to be terrible. It’s a long time since I’ve seen stuff like ‘5 MegaPixels CMOS sensor (24MP max. Interpolation) ’ and ‘8x Digital Zoom’

For that kind of money you would be better off with a good used camera from 10 years ago. Or if you have a reasonably modern smartphone that is likely to be at least as good
    mas99
    This! All the way.
    guilbert53
    Probably a flat battery.

Have you put a "memory card" in it to hold the photos.
    nickyzizou Author
    Powered-on but just white screen, just a dud one. Took it back and switched for another which works fine, so at least I know now I wasn't doing anything dumb
    MadSkilzYo
    You got the lens cap on?
    nickyzizou Author
    Luckily the screen was white so knew that could be ruled-out!

Brings this to mind:

Asda be heard to be believed
    IAmATeaf
    What is the point of taking a 5Mp image and interpolating it up to 24mp?

As said before any modern day phone will have a better sensor and be able to take just as good or even better then that cam.

If you really want/need a digital cam then you should be able to pick up a better spec Panasonic for around the same price.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants