Alternatives to HP Instant Ink?

Posted 10th Oct 2023 (Posted 2 h, 39 m ago)
Anyone using something else than HP Instant Ink.

I've had 3 HP Printers in 18 months and all have failed. First, just gave an error code on the LCD screen. Second, was caught in an endless firmware update loop unless I turned off the WiFi, which you can't really do with Instant Ink. Third the scanner mechanism has broke, just clicking on boot up.

I'm now of the opinion that enough is enough.

I love the HP Instant Ink service and price. It suits me perfectly. But I can't be having unreliable printers breaking all the time. HP is binned!

I see Canon, Epson and Brother offer services. Anyone using them?

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I have an Epson Ecotank ET1810 - bought through a deal on here. It's excellent and uses ink in bottles that last for ages. (There is another model (8210 I think) that is the same printer with a scanner on top. No subscription nonsense - I have had two HP printers in the last few years and both have failed.
    thanks for this. Im in a similar boat but my HP printers are still going. but looking at non sub models.
    Get a Brother and there's no need for a subscription. The toners are cheap (especially for how many prints they do) and won't dry up. They also don't do anti-consumer practices like blocking third party replacements or requiring an account to use them.
    Interesting opinion would you care to send a link to model like that? I do WFH and printing not alot but still need a printer at home 😁
    Did you not do a warranty claim if you've had 3 in 18 months?
    Author
    First - out of warranty.
    Second - returned to retailer. Refund.
    Third - 6 month warranty as bought from office outlet store. Failed after 6 months.

So no, I didn't do a warranty claim with HP.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants