Any opinion/ experience with ZEN INTERNET?

Posted 5th Mar 2023
Hi, I'm currently with virgin media but with the price rise that will happen very soon i stared to look for another internet provider. I have been looking for the most common ones (ee, Vodafone, bt, talktalk and few other) but they dont really have good plans/prices for my need, we are 7 people and it can be like 15 devices connect at the same time

I found one company that's matching my price/ speeds but never heard of it before, ZEN INTERNET

4097018_1.jpg

4097018_1.jpg
Any experience/ advice are welcome, thank you!
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    bobjst
    Along with Andrews and Arnold, they're considered the best consumer ISP available. They offer loads of power user features and have a reputation for offering genuine technical support from engineers who know what they're doing.
    Consequently they're popular with IT professionals - and also comparatively expensive. If you're happy with the typical ISP service it will almost certainly be cheaper elsewhere.
    fancellu
    I'm with Zen, 1Gp FTTP. They're very good, known for it. I was with A&A too, back in the day.

No complaints with Zen. Would recommend, and yes, I'm a IT bod too (edited)
    melted
    Last time I read comments about them (a few years ago), I got the impression that they'd gone down hill, but they were expensive, but used to have a very good reputation, and were reputed to have good technical support and often recommended as the ISP to switch to on isp help forums when someone was asking for advise on resolving an adsl/ line fault that their existing ISP was repeatedly failing to get openreach to fix.

I believe ISPreview.co.uk might still have an active Zen forum. (edited)
    Personator1234
    Expensive for what it is, can get that package for a lot less with other providers even if the price increased massively.

BT is £41 for 900 (46 ish from March) so your overpaying for the same thing. Same line to your house.
    Mir22 Author
    Bt is £55 for 900mb in my area ( thanks anyway, not long time ago they just offered like 56mb at £36)
    Myriad
    Assuming thats CityFibre FTTP you can get a deal for sub £40 with voucher through Vodafone on broadbandchoices.co.uk/
    50huz
    I use them for my flat, not the most competitive price but found them very reliable, no complaints
    Mir22 Author
    Thank you very much everybody for taking their time to give an opinion, and sorry for not replying before ( I completely forgot about it, lol)
    kevin.ward
    I posted my comments about Zen Internet on Trustpilot whom I have been with many years on and off almost from their conception in 1995. You can read about it here:

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…ail
    EndlessWaves
    And apparently registered here just to post a link to them.
    kevin.ward
    I suppose you could call it being lazy EndlessWaves.  I could just have copied my comments across and you would have been none the wiser.  My comments are my honest opinion of Zen Internet as requested by one of your members.  Zen are not perfect—it would be unreasonable to expect them to be.  Some of my comments such as dialup charges were beyond the control of Zen at the time but they were a reason for leaving them.  £500 for a year plus Zen's Internet charge on top of about £100 (I think) at the time were big outgoings from a reduced pension but it was all a new hobby and I got a kick out of chatting across the world and trying to guess where people lived.  I suppose it seems pretty tame to the know-alls of today's Internet but I never did take up smoking and drinking.  😃😃
    EndlessWaves
    It's more a warning to others than a comment on your effort.

A new comment posted in a thread that hasn't seen activity for months by someone who registered to post it suggests something more organised/intent than a normal reply.

Often when that happens you can do more digging and uncover that it's someone with either an agenda (rival company) or an axe to grind. Glancing at your post on trustpilot it doesn't seem likely to be the case here, but it's worth mentioning as the timing is easy to miss. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants