Car dealership - best after care

Posted 6th Feb 2023
Who gives the best after care for buying used car?

Found one but what’s other people experience
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you've already found a car you like the look of. It's not really worth getting recommendations of other places to buy.

Check the car thoroughly, and give it a good test drive in a range of different conditions. Check the reviews of that dealer you're looking at buying from. And if it looks good then just go for it.

Expect to have your legal rights of 30 days to reject the car for your money back for a fault, and 6 months for them to sort things out for you - As you have with any used car dealer. But don't expect anything more. If you happen to get more then it's an added bonus.

I could sit here and tell you how I personally think that Arnold Clark are crap and that Evans Halshaw bent over backwards to look after me. But at the end of the day each dealer under the franchise is operated differently depending upon how the management there want to run things. I saw that for myself with Lloyd Motor group for example where one of their dealerships were fantastic and another in the next city over were shockingly bad and just wanted to get me back out the door rather than committing to help.

Everyone will have a different experience. And if you go into it expecting more than what you're legally entitled to. You risk setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Answer is none ! They have your money they don’t really care from that point onwards
    Nissan
    Not in my experience.
    Trouble is you will not know what their aftercare is like till you have bought the car,I have bought several different makes over the years last one a Mercedes from well know dealer and their aftercare was crap had to get their CEO involved.They want your money they bend over backwards for you ,once they have got it that’s another story.
    Bad experience with Motorpoint, mis-sold me an Imported car, long story but I got a refund by unwinding my contract.
    Car vertical check would of prevented this , also watch recent doc about well known large car supermarket selling cat D and S without letting buyer know
    Nissan
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants