Cheap train tickets

Posted 2nd Jul 2023
Does anyone know how to get cheaper train tickets from Manchester or Warrington to London Euston 9th-10th July please
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Buying a years railcard might help theyre usually £30 and gets 1/3rd off travel
    Total £13.70 on 10th?

ticketysplit doesn't (easily) appear to consider London Northwestern options that otherwise includes multiple £10 fares from Crewe to Euston on 10th,
    so possibly consider options to travel to Crewe from preferred departure station,
    which at say £3.50 from Mnc>Crw suggests total £13.70 one-way on 10th:

50495333-2slNF.jpg
    50495333-3opSo.jpgbuytickets.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk/ & selecting "Our trains" option on results page.

Similar C>E on 9th is £26.50 so not as attractive as £10.20 on 10th.
    Correct suggestion.
    A ticket agent on northern told me the cheapest ones come out 5-6 weeks before the date normally.
    Yes the earlier the better and the price differs throughout out the day sometimes.
    How cheap is cheaper? Travelling from London to up north, or vice versa, is always pricey. Use Trainline. (edited)
    This very true, I used trainline to book tickets from London euston to preston and that was nearly £120 couldn't find it any cheaper anywhere else and the trainline app is only giving an option to collect tickets the last few times I've used it for some reason.
    Just paid 60 quid return from glasgow to liverpool, using the tainline website, just pick the times with cheapest tickets, they even show slpit tickets which work out cheaper

Booked yesterday for travelling next wed and fri (edited)
    What time of the day?
    Train pal app
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants