Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

removed

deleted655321's avatar deleted655321

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Drive a car

If you want to be extra safe drive a tank.
    Put a Nokia 3310 in each pocket. You'll be fine. (edited)
    That sounds a terrible accident and good to hear you're recovering well.

Hip protection is not something I've come across before as it tends to be more heads, shoulders, elbows, back, knees etc. that protection is geared towards. I did have a look at the company I've used for protection products and they do have shorts with hip protection:

chainreactioncycles.com/lea…162

I like the Leatt 3DF products as I find the dense foam is more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time rather than other hard plastic products where I would have to put them on for the downhill sections but take them off for the rest. I was thinking when I read your thread that something like this isn't going to be able to do much against major impacts but I guess you're just looking for anything that can help you? It's mainly knee pads I use as that's what usually hurts after crashes and while the ones I use aren't going to stop any major injuries, they do help noticeably when I've had crashes wearing them.

I hope your recovery continues to go well and you can resume commuting.
    You could try these insert pads: Oxford slip-in hip protectors. Otherwise just do a general search for 'Impact Shorts'. The problem with padded undershorts is you will have to wash them after nearly every ride, or risk the dreaded jock itch, so you might needs 2 or 3 pairs unless you go for over-shorts with built in pads. Lots of MTB and BMX items available. Also look at Ice skating/Ice hockey/roller skating and skateboard gear.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants