Google Pixel Fold Smartphone, Release Date, Specs & Pricing Revealed

Posted 25th Apr 2023
Google announced that they were working on a Pixel Fold last year, and now the full specification and pricing has been released, as well as a rough release date

It looks very decent to me for those who like a smaller display on their phones, it has a 5.8 inch front display with the inner coming in at 7.6 inches, compare this to the nearest IUK rival the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 at 6.2 inches on the front, and 7.6 inches

So the pixel front display is smaller, but the key thing is, it looks wider, and that was my main gripe about the Z Fold4

There are rumours Google will release a teaser tomorrow the 26th April for the fold, but will be officially announced at google I/O on the 10th May

Not sure yet if these dates are just for the US (probably are) But the phone will be available to pre order on the 10th from Google Store, then available to ship at the end of June, with other retailers getting in on the action at the end of May, like I say this may be just the US

Chalk and obsidian 256GB at $1799, 512GB at $1919, so what does that direct transfer to in £, well the 256GB converts to £1442, and the 512GB to £1530, the Phone will come with a free pixel watch to sweeten the deal, though the price converted takes this well into Z Fold4 territory, though Google may offer some kind of trade in incentive with the release of this, or may just increases trade in prices, I'd say this was pretty likely to happen, but no guarantees

4125525-jdssK.jpg

Specifications:

• Front Display: 5.8 inch, 17.4:9, FHD+ OLED, 2092x1080, 120Hz
  • Inner Display: 7.6 inch, 6:5, 2208x1840 OLED, 380ppi, 120Hz Smooth
  • Battery: "Beyond 24 Hour Battery Life" aka 4500Mah + 23w Charging Speeds
  • Ram: 12GB LPDDR5
  • Storage: 256GB / 512GB
  • Processor: Google Tensor G2 / Titan M2 Coprocessor (5nm)
  • Main Camera: 48MP Quad PD With OIS + CLAF, 0.8 um pixel width, f/1.7 aperture, 82 degree field of view, 1/2" image sensor
  • Ultrawide Camera: 10.8MP with Ultrawide 122 degrees field of view
  • Telephoto Camera: 10.8MP, 5x Optical, 20x super res zoom
  • Other Sensors: LDAF, Optical and electronic stabilisation, and a "fast camera launcher"
  • Selfie Camera: (Hole Punch) 9.5MP, Fixed Focus
  • Inner Selfie: 8MP, Fixed Focus
  • Camera Features, Rear selfie camera, magic eraser, photo unblur, long exposure, real tone
  • Main Camera Video: 30fps 4k, up to 60fps 1080p
  • Finger Print: Power Button Position above volume rocker
  • Weight: 283g, 5.5 inch high, 3.1 inch wide

So there we have it, are you excited by it?

If you aren't and you fancy a folding phone, there are some pretty sweet deals available in the UK right now on the Z Fold series, credit to the op who provided the deal below:

Z Fold4 GiffGaff £649
Z Fold3 Backmarket

SIM Free
Dual Sim

Mobile Phone
Smartphones under £200
Smartphones under £400
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    footymike
    My main gripe was the screens durability on the Fold 4. One tiny indent caused the whole screen to fail. £115 quid paid out for, what in my eyes, is a design fault. The phone was never dropped and I've had my Huawei mate X for 5ish years with no problems.
    Turker
    I think this will be the folding phone to get. In terms of shape/design it's almost ideal.

I personally think it would have been perfect with a 6inch front display at a 18:9 aspect ratio. But let's see, can't wait to test it out in the hands.
    trevnod
    Chucky, heavy phone with big bezels, possibly a more visible crease and for a similar price to the fold, no thanks. (edited)
    MonkeyMan90
    Been waiting for this announcement. Just need to decide between this and the Honor magic VS fold phone
    Bigsmoke825
    Nah I’m out, there’s no way I’m being a tester for this 1st Gen Google product at anywhere near that price point! even with a free watch which let’s face it can’t be picked up for next to nothing on eBay.
    Ankur_Bhadra
    50079685-YJvPU.jpgSome renders

50079685-TOTZy.jpg (edited)
    Ankur_Bhadra
    Main display
    50081675-cwsfA.jpg
    eddieglmr8105
    How can a tech giant have such a woeful sized battery and such slow charging speeds battery charge it's not so bad but so the charge and low battery life they are not learning
    MrSwitch Author
    4500Mah is a pretty standard size for foldables bar one i fail to remember which, and yeah agreed on charging speed, but if like me you charge your phone up at night, not a major issue, however again, spending £1500 on a phone you would hope for top spec everything
    Ankur_Bhadra
    Here is the whole confirmed specs list and pricing
    MrSwitch Author
    yeah, same video is in description
    JesusChristFenton
    Personally wouldn't be a first adopter to this on a Google product.

Coming from a Pixel 6 owner.. the experience with Google's own SOC has been lackluster, so I feel I should have waited for them to refine. Nothing tremendously bad, just lots of minor bugs that add up to a sometimes less than stellar experience. From what I hear, the 6A/7 is a lot better, so that's good!

Fold phones aren't my bag, but I like the expansion into new areas and breaking ground. I just personally wouldn't spend £1422 In unknown territory.

Will look out for the reviews though.
    tcotpatpwtcot
    Just another folder? huh. Personally liked the Motorola Riser.
    D944
    Wishful thinking that UK prices would involve anything but changing the "$" symbol to "£" at this point!
    Onlydongles
    Folding phones are a gimmick .
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants