Hotel Chocolat subscription

Posted 14th Feb 2023
Hi
I have a current subscription that I got to obtain a velvetiser cheaper.
It’s two boxes for six months.
Now they are putting the prices up. Does this enable me to cancel penalty free?

It’s not a lot but I’m not using it loads and like others have posted. You can get hot chocolate cheaper from other sources.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    crevitz215
    Just seen an apology email, for sending in error
    crevitz215
    I too got an email - albeit it only referred to a “sleekster”, which is a mistake.
    Think you’d have to scour the promo terms and conditions to know - could easily just ring them up and say the same, see if you get anywhere.

If the 50p uplift I saw was across the board - then that’s 3.5% increase, which is pretty fair.
    (I say fair, as I remind myself of ISP wording, something like CPI + 3% or more then allows to exit.

As I wrote though, I wonder how much of this “commitment” to purchase boxes is binding - as surely such a strict commitment couldn’t be satisfied by the normal order process T&Cs, and would need specific consent (normally by confirming on a separate document).

They could be within their rights to clawback the difference in value for the machine though?
    crevitz215
    I was curious so checked out the T&Cs...

16. Customers taking up this offer, are not entering into a credit or finance agreement with Hotel Chocolat.
    So not an actual ongoing agreement.
    6. Requests to cancel the subscription during the commitment period must be directed to customer services via email help@hotelchocolat.com or phone 03444 92 23 23.
    I think you probably can, you just have to go through a hoop.

But for me though, knowing that I can add something to an order and get it delivered Free was enough for me to be happy. Then I read this...
    15. Customers WILL benefit from Home Barista rewards during the committed period, where every tenth qualifying subscription item will earn the customer a £15 reward voucher to spend online at Hotelchocolat.com. Standard Home Barista terms and conditions apply.
    Which, assuming the uplift is 50p each order, will more than make up the difference.

T&Cs found here - hotelchocolat.com/uk/…tml
    Attic45
    I too had had an email saying my Sleekster subscription is going up and ive never had a subscription of any sort with Hotel Chocolat?

Possible error or data breach maybe?
    joxeruk2000 Author
    Yeah it does say sleekster I didn’t even notice until you said.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants