Expired

How do you cook a tin of mackerel?

Found 12th Nov 2011
I brought a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce from poundland. It says on the tin the fish is partly cooked before being tinned. I am interested to know which recipes you have used to cook the fish.
Community Updates
Misc
17 Comments
I just eat it out the tin.
Onion,Paprika,Garlic,Chilli,Salt and pepper
just eat out of the tin.
My OH likes them slightly mashed on toast for lunch.
You brought a tin from poundland? I would have bought one myself.
the dandy p

You brought a tin from poundland? I would have bought one myself.

You still would have brought it back home, unless they are doing a delivery service now
simplex

You still would have brought it back home, unless they are doing a … You still would have brought it back home, unless they are doing a delivery service now

Or eaten it immediately outside of the store.
the dandy p

Or eaten it immediately outside of the store.

Fair enough you got me there, should have known you poundland prowlers
dcx_badass

5 mins in the microwave and it makes a nice soup type thing.

WTF! 5 minutes in a microwave and it will be ruined!
simplex

Onion,Paprika,Garlic,Chilli,Salt and pepper

+1

and fusilli pasta
I would just eat it out of the tin myself. But if I had to cook it, I would fry it in a frying pan, adding a little bit of oil, sliced onions and sugar. Yuuummmmm.....
dcx_badass

If it's left in the tin like I was hoping, 5 mins in and the microwave … If it's left in the tin like I was hoping, 5 mins in and the microwave will be a pile of molten plastic...

LOL - With ya now

Pretty sad state of affairs when people have to ask how to heat up a tin of mackerel
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/donotputyourcellphoneinthemicrowavep1.gif

Have not tried this myself, not really got the guts to stand that close and film... Or actually F up a microwave
I'd cut out the middleman just throw the can straight into the bin. ( or give it to the dog)
get a jar of curry sauce out the cupboard and chuck it in with some gently fried onions.... lovely fish curry.... you can do it with pilchards too!
I bought a tin of mackerel in tomato sauce from poundland

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac341/fox2020plus/1303886250340.gif

If you are alive tomorrow let me know (or not).....

All this talk about tinned fish has made me want a tin of sardines for me dinner.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants