How to improve wifi strength on HUAWEI b535

Posted 5th Nov 2021
I use the HUAWEI B535 which gives me 100mbps 4g speed on 3 for very cheap price, but the wifi sucks what’s the best way to improve the wifi spread and strength? At the moment when I’m in the room next to it I don’t even get full care but live in quite a old house

It’s a 3 bed detached so what would be the best solution can anyone help me please?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Cisco060606
    Get mesh wifi
    Uridium
    Thumbnail05/11/2021 20:43

how does that work do i have to create another ssid? wont my devices get …how does that work do i have to create another ssid? wont my devices get mixed up between the two ssids?

You connect the mesh to the Huawei via ethernet and disable the WiFi on the Huawei. Your Huawei essential becomes just a modem.

It's essentially what everyone in the world does with their crappy fixed line BB supplied routers. (edited)
    Thumbnail Author
    Cisco06060605/11/2021 15:42

Get mesh wifi

how does that work do i have to create another ssid? wont my devices get mixed up between the two ssids?
    Ubique
    The HUAWEI B535 is a piece of rubbish. You can stand next to it and get a loss of 3dB (50%) compared to if you just used the sim card in your phone. Move further away and it barely gives out any power. For my one the best place in my entire house for a mix of mobile reception and broadcast power is curiously in a corner of a internal room. Anywhere else and it basically doesn't work. External antennas do not add any value whatsoever (especially if you buy the 'official' HUAWEI ones).

Basically Three mobile is tolerable, but they have rubbish wifi hardware. You might try a repeater (you manually select which one to connect to on most devices), but I don't know if that will actually work well.
    AndyRoyd
    Use an ethernet port to connect a £5.50 used router from the bay and enjoy additional benefits such as integral feature options of VPN and torrent client.
    Could even do away with the B535 altogether if you have an old battered 4G Android handset kicking around a drawer, example:
    hotukdeals.com/com…501
    Thumbnail Author
    Ubique05/11/2021 20:57

The HUAWEI B535 is a piece of rubbish. You can stand next to it and get a …The HUAWEI B535 is a piece of rubbish. You can stand next to it and get a loss of 3dB (50%) compared to if you just used the sim card in your phone. Move further away and it barely gives out any power. For my one the best place in my entire house for a mix of mobile reception and broadcast power is curiously in a corner of a internal room. Anywhere else and it basically doesn't work. External antennas do not add any value whatsoever (especially if you buy the 'official' HUAWEI ones). Basically Three mobile is tolerable, but they have rubbish wifi hardware. You might try a repeater (you manually select which one to connect to on most devices), but I don't know if that will actually work well.

I agree the b535 is rubbish. But I haven’t really got a choice atm and can’t spend more. The three speeds are always perfect for me, I have a pc via Ethernet never lets down but the b535 wifi range is so crap!! Can’t even get full coverage in the next room

I’m not getting a new one because the 5g mast is being built down the road so waiting
    Thumbnail Author
    AndyRoyd05/11/2021 22:24

Use an ethernet port to connect a £5.50 used router from the bay and enjoy …Use an ethernet port to connect a £5.50 used router from the bay and enjoy additional benefits such as integral feature options of VPN and torrent client. Could even do away with the B535 altogether if you have an old battered 4G Android handset kicking around a drawer, example:https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/45776501

5g is being built in my area atm so I want a solution that’ll help the wifi I don’t do torrenting and I use vpn on one computer
    AndyRoyd
    Thumbnail06/11/2021 00:19

5g is being built in my area atm so I want a solution that’ll help the w …5g is being built in my area atm so I want a solution that’ll help the wifi I don’t do torrenting and I use vpn on one computer

The example suggested £5.50 router has benefit of dual wifi and from my own experience coupled to other peeps' comments on this thread will slaughter the wifi of your self-confessed "rubbish" B535.
    Apologies if a potential £5.50 solution doesn't tick your expectation boxes; or maybe it's a £6.33 solution if you absolutely must buy an 83p ethernet patch cable to connect the rubbish B535 to the example £5.50 router
    amazon.co.uk/83p…G1/
    Thumbnail Author
    AndyRoyd05/11/2021 22:24

Use an ethernet port to connect a £5.50 used router from the bay and enjoy …Use an ethernet port to connect a £5.50 used router from the bay and enjoy additional benefits such as integral feature options of VPN and torrent client. Could even do away with the B535 altogether if you have an old battered 4G Android handset kicking around a drawer, example:https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/45776501

Hi mate I think I mis understood what you said. Unfortunately I don’t have an old 4g android device I do have a Redmi 6 but when I put the three sim in that I got even lower speeds than the b535… not sure why. Can you recommend any routers. Or shall I just get a better 4g router that has strong wifi?
    AndyRoyd
    Thumbnail06/11/2021 19:47

Hi mate I think I mis understood what you said. Unfortunately I don’t have …Hi mate I think I mis understood what you said. Unfortunately I don’t have an old 4g android device I do have a Redmi 6 but when I put the three sim in that I got even lower speeds than the b535… not sure why. Can you recommend any routers. Or shall I just get a better 4g router that has strong wifi?

Lower cellular speed on the handset, or lower wifi speed, or all three?

Already suggested an example £5.50 router. If you want to keep it minimal cost via a new device then there's a couple of £27 options that tend to attract good wifi penetration comments
    amazon.co.uk/dp/…3Q/ and amazon.co.uk/dp/…FJ5
    hotukdeals.com/com…998
's avatar
Top Merchants