Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hp Laptop screen repair

Posted 21st Feb 2023
Hi all I need some advice
Hp laptop screen is cracked and not working . The laptop works as I have tested it by connecting to my monitor .
This is the laptop
HP 14s-da0500sa 14
Laptop - Intel® Pentium
Gold 128 GB SSD Silver

This is the issue with the screen .
What’s the best way to repair it ?
How much do screen repair cost roughly ?
Is it just better to buy a new laptop?
I can purchase a Hp care pack for the laptop for £70 and then possibly claim on that .
Would it be better taking it to a repair shop
Is £70 worth it ?

4090470_1.jpg

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    crevitz215
    I reckon an indy repair shop might strike a nice deal with you for labour - but the screen replacement may well take up a chunk.

£70, going down the HP Care Pack route, is probably the easiest - if you dont mind waiting for the repair (at least wait a nominal amount of time before claiming).
    crevitz215
    Read the T&Cs of the product before you purchase - it may even be described in there.
    I’ve seen some say 14/28/120 days. I’d wait a month at least
    dickypreston
    you can get a replacement screen from Ebay and Amazon they are going for around £40 so if you can get it repaired for 70 by HP its a good deal.

There may be some how to videos on YouTube if you are confident enough to replace it yourself, its usually pretty straight forward but some laptop models can be fiddly when prying the plastic covers off them.

Replacement HP 14s-dq1508sa 14.0" LED LCD FHD IPS Screen 30 Pin eDP | eBay

AJPARTS UK New Replacement For HP 14s-dq1504sa, 14s-dq1505sa, 14s-dq0500sa Laptop Screen 14.0” Narrow Border/Frame/Nano Edge LED LCD 1920 x 1080 FHD IPS Display 30 Pin Matte Panel Non Touch : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    k.h383883 Author
    Thank you
Discussions
Top Merchants