HyperX warranty options

Posted 7th Dec 2022
So I stupidly ordered a new HyperX headset from a deal posted on here (curse you HotUKdeals!) and 6 months later it's faulty (missing right audio channel).I really struggled to find a path to pursue warranty and ended up talking to HP warranty. After about an hour of explaining the fault and providing details the agent said he would arrange for a replacement headset to be sent out following a reply to his email with my invoice. I forwarded my original invoice and got a reply stating I need to contact the HyperX team to process warranty. Turns out the support channels for UK HyperX are currently offline. What can I do to arrange warranty?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Are they wired or wireless? If they're wired have you tried another aux cable?
    Any manufacturer warranty is gesture of goodwill.

The product quality and durability obligations are with the (unstated) trader that shifted the non-conforming product to you.
    If within 6 months from receipt the trader has option to choose to repair, replace or refund.
    Trader is obligated to arrange/pay for any and all shipping requirements to fulfill its obligations.
    Can you contact them on social media?
    Author
    Bought from HP on a deal on here back in June. They are HyperX Cloud Revolver and are wired. The right channel no longer works - the cable is fixed and the fault is present no matter what the source.
    I have tried contacting them via social media, but as I mentioned all their UK support channels are offline - Support – HyperX UK

Uh oh! What's going on with our emails!? Hang tight we'll get it back up shortly... Until then our Social, Chat, and Phone channels are up and running.
    Europe, Middle East & Africa Our phone lines are temporarily unavailable for these regions. Please send us an email or start a chat for assistance, thanks.
    Author
    I managed to get a little further - but the hoops I am required to jump through seem a little off?

Thank you for your email.
    From the description you provided, it appears that your producthas developed a fault and needs to be replaced.
    In order to verify your product and warranty entitlement, please send us a copyof the invoice, as well as two clear pictures of the product from differentangles.
    The pictures should also include a handwritten note with yourfull name and today's date.
    Once we review this information, we will be able to assist youfurther.

Argos seem to be a much better option to purchase devices from my thankfully limited experience they don't require this level of detail to process a warranty claim - this seems a tad excessive! (edited)
    Author
    OMG! So to follow up I got a notification that they would replace the headset under warranty on the 13th (and to expect up to 10 days for delivery) and today (19th) I received this email:
    We are contacting you regarding your new replacement product [part number].
    Please note that the part is currently unavailable in our stock.
    We expect to receive it 22/12.
    How can they wait 6 days before they notice the item is out of stock? Rediculous.
    Author
    So to follow up - still nothing, an entire month without a stupid expensive headset and no emails. The Global Support Options:
    Closed from 12-23-22 through 01-02-23. So I guess I now have to wait until the new year before I can pursue this further! (edited)
    Author
    More follow up -

Thankyou for your email.
    Wewould like to apologize for the late reply.
    Thelast update we have from our warehouse is that the replacement will be shippedtoday 03/01/2023.
    Wewill let you know as soon as we receive another update from them.

Seriously? Why do we as consumers have to put up with lack of effort? Defo understand why everyone buys from Argos, I reckon I will purchase from there in future!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants