Is it common for Lenovo delivering laptops later than the initial 6-9 days stated?How long on average?

Posted 25th May 2023
I bought the latest Legion Slim 7 Gen 8 on the 18th of May and now the shipping date has been updated to 2nd of June. After calling their CS, they said that due to the customised config I made that takes longer (so why don't they specify that in the first place while you build it?). On top of that, the cs adviser said that it will probably take 10 days from the 2nd of June from Netherlands to arrive in UK. So now expecting the delivery around the 12th of June...25 days theoretically instead of max. 9 days..is this tipycal of Lenovo and nothing to worry or what? Please share your experiences and any advise in case something might go wrong..
And what if they further delay and then I'm fed up and want to cancel the order?Would I be refunded quickly or would I have to chase them up? Thanks for your answers
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    italondonistaavataurino Author
    @AndyRoyd and guys, from initial 6-9 days ship date (bought on the 18th of May),then updated to estimated shipping on the 2nd of June, it has now showing 5th of June as date. In my last enquiry call the CS rep said (from 2nd of June) to calculate approx +10 days to receive the laptop, but now I don't know if that 5th of June shipping date would bring it to the 15th or what else to understand of all of this. It seems to be UPS that they use but till a tracking reference is given I got no way to understand when I'll be receiving my laptop..hopefully...what you guys think?should I just be patient and expect 1 month from order or do I have any leverage over Lenovo?my other 2nd choice was a G14 rtx 4060 now costing £1599.99,which is about £120 more than what I paid my Lenovo and not feeling to trust Asus recently..
    I ordered a usb-ethernet adapter along with the laptop and the adapter arrived within 3-4 days from The Netherlands..
    I don't need the laptop in a rush for working purposes luckily, I can wait..but how long should I wait before starting to be actually worried and if so then how fast would I have a refund,just in case? Obviously I paid with a credit card.
    Any opinion and advise are appreciated,thanks for your time and enjoy your Sunday as well..

Edit: just seen an email from Lenovo the day after this post stating about further shipping delays. That was the 2nd change of shipping date and they're supposed to tell you every time they change such date via email. I could cancel before shipping but then I would probably my money refunded not before 2 weeks at least..I might as well wait for the laptop then if shipped by half of June. Frustration.

50265052-QrxkK.jpg (edited)
    AndyRoyd
    Couple of legislation takeaways regardless of your expectations / preferences:

customised product so no pre-delivery-to-14 days-after-delivery off-premises-sale cancellation option;
    any pre-delivery "contract termination" option would be via the deliver-in-max-30-days legislation.

The only obvious option related to later-than-expected delivery would be to wait until after day 30 to terminate the contract, meaning terminate at day 31, 32, 33 etc depending how patient you choose to be considering alternative sourcing / pricing.

(Full) refund obligations on termination are as prev described
    the trader must without undue delay reimburse all payments made under the contract
    which is typically directly linked to a specific maximum timeframe of
    the end of 14 days after the day on which the trader is informed of the consumer’s decision to withdraw the offer

Presumably the stated credit card payment was direct to Lenovo and not via an intermediary such as PayPal account,
    in which case the credit provider has a duplicated obligation to ensure refund.
    If at any time you suspect delivery will be both beyond 30 days and you will want to terminate, it may be wise to pre-inform the credit provider of your intention, as it may otherwise take the CP a finite time to confirm the transaction status/eligibility - especially if Lenovo is incompetently slow or chooses to be slow with processing the refund.

It may also be prudent to pre-inform Lenovo of any requirement for (edit:)
    deliver within 30 days or the consumer treats may exercise right to treat the contract as at an end
    so that Lenovo cannot subsequently farcically claim it was not aware of a quasi "time is of the essence" situation. (edited)
    M4tt31
    Lenovo messed me around quite a lot the last tablet I ordered, it was delayed a week or so then everyday the website tracking updated to delivery today for 3 days or so without delivery. The day after when my wife got bored of waiting for delivery each day they attempted delivery and then left it at a collection point.

It wasn't a huge issue as I bought it well in advance of what I needed it for but it seemed like they have a complete lack of understanding of their delivery schedule. Which from memory they used a 3rd party for. (edited)
    They're messing with delivery dates as well with my laptop,check my post
    KodaBear
    If it’s a customised configuration then it’s not coming from the Netherlands. It will be shipped direct from manufacturing in China most of the time. You’re looking at 1-2 weeks for manufacturing and then a further week for delivery.

At busy times or if you’ve order a unit that is using high demand components you can sometimes add another week to this process overall.
    AndyRoyd
    At first glance the Lenovo UK website ordering arrangements seem sinister, especially considering the website semi-recently binned the legislation-flouting operator & seller of its wares known as Digital River.

@italondonistaavataurino would you look at your order confirmation and post here with the specific name of the company that sold you the non-appearing kit.
    Sorry I was out all day. I received already an accessory which I ordered along with the yet-to-arrive Legion laptop. I downloaded and open its invoice and I see these info:

Lenovo Technology (United Kingdom) Limited

2nd Floor, Redwood 3 Chineham Park

Crockford Lane

Basingstoke, Hampshire

RG24 8WQ

United Kingdom

Registered in UK No 04912819

VAT Ref No: GB849757265
    as importer of record.

Remark

These items are controlled by the U.S. Government and authorized for export only to the country of ultimate destination for use by the ultimate consignee

or end user(s) herein identified. They may not be resold, transferred, or otherwise disposed of, to any other country or to any person other than the

authorized ultimate consignee or end-user(s), either in their original form or after being incorporated into other items, without first obtaining approval from

the U.S. government or as otherwise authorized by U.S. law and regulations.

Ship from Address

Lenovo EMEA DC C/O Flextronics BV

Ambachtstraat 24

5804 CD Venray

Netherlands (edited)
    AndyRoyd
    As Lenovo Technology (United Kingdom) Limited is based in UK,
    the relevant dullness lifted from Consumer Rights Act will likely be:
    (3) Unless there is an agreed time or period ...the trader must deliver the goods -
    (a) without undue delay, and
    (b) in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the contract is entered into.
    meaning unless there was a specific delivery period of greater than 30 days accepted at time of order, you can tell LTUKL to go swivel at day 31 by using a phrase conveying the concept of:
    the consumer treats the contract as at an end
    and
    the trader must without undue delay reimburse all payments made under the contract.
    If you paid Lenovo directly by UK-regulated credit, you will likely have a duplicate route to refund via the credit provider.

Clearly Lenovo UK portray themselves as a bunch of incompetent shysters as the sales t&c quoted as applicable at point of sale has no formal merchant identification and cites utter rubbish such as:
    7.6 Governing Law. This Agreement and all orders issued hereunder shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
    archive.is/rfkpi
    whereas 6 months ago the same page specifically quoted the merchant as
    Lenovo Technology United Kingdom Limited
    archive.is/jg4r0
    So there appears to have been a concerted effort to remove all references to the UK company,
    whilst also removing all other otherwise statutorily-required disclosures including VAT number,
    unless Lenovo chooses to hide all that info on some obscurely-hidden page that even the power of Google cannot locate.

The current t&c and lack of disclosures at May 2023 implies any purchase from Lenovo UK website would be reckless.

Hilarious shambles of an organisation.
    Johnmcl7
    I bought a laptop that was a fixed spec so no customisation and no accessories or anything else to delay the order, I think they were promising two to three days delivery but it took around two to three weeks.
    Check my last post please..
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants