Lenovo Legion 26IAB7 PC Upgrade Service

Posted 29th Jun 2023
I want to upgrade my Lenovo Legion 26IAB7 PC, from RTX 3060 12GB to RTX 4070 12GB.

From 500Watt PSU to 750Watt.

Does anyone know of a company that I can post to them and they do the 2x upgrades and post me back in England.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Where I live, and I'm sure in many small/medium towns there are commercial PC repairers/upgrades who will do this for you. Many will want to source the parts themselves (as they may already have stock or can be obtained at cheaper rates than you), but some will just retro fit the parts you obtain. Some may even buy off you your old bits.
    Buy your parts & look on your local facebook groups & ask there.
    Simple DIY job, why do you need to take it to someone to do it?
    Yeah swapping a GPU out is easy. Follow YouTube. Open pc. Main thing is knowing your PSU. Do you have full specs? Then can make sure has the right connectors and not a cheapy Chinese 500w but genuine 500w to see if ok. Also depends on your cpu.
    If the 500W PSU can handle the 3060, it can handle the 4070 as well. So it all comes down to having the right cables available and swapping out the card in like three minutes.
    Someone came to stay for a week with me with a gaming laptop. I couldn't understand why my electricity supply consumption was roughly doubled for that week. Then I noticed his charger was rated at 250 watts (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants