Need to buy multiple kitchen appliances, best discount method?

Posted 16th May 2023
As per the title I need to buy the following items for a kitchen refurb in our new house

Integrated dishwasher, washing machine, larder fridge, freezer, induction hob and extractor

I'm looking around for options to save money where possible. Looks like AO & John Lewis come out cheapest for most of the items needed, but wondering if there are any good discount options when buying this stuff. I have access to perksatwork which offers 7% back at Currys which might help for a couple of items, but generally their prices are a little higher so often cancels that saving out. Any other good approaches I should be aware of? Perhaps 3-4% quidco on Currys Items too, although not 100% guaranteed
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    dorey69
    You could always ring them and ask their manager. It’s probably the best way if purchasing lots of items
    mattwaddy Author
    Yeah good idea, although I expect it's still small fish to them 😁
    JimboParrot
    Try your local Euronics.
    stu1991
    What brands are you looking at?
    mattwaddy Author
    Bit of a mix, Aeg, Bosch and Neff
    Mysticaltopaz24
    Hoover or Hotpoint large appliances with AO at Topcashback get 3%
    AndyRoyd
    If feeling excessively reckless: Currys will offer 2% discount for bank transfer payment, but that is only acceptable to chancers with no interest in payment mechanism protection. TDC is comfortable with the concept.

Part-fund with gift cards purchased at discount.
    Then go via TCB / Quidco.
    But especially if sourcing via Currys it would be even more reckless not to combine payment via at least 1p funded by UK-regulated credit,
    otherwise you may be back here in 3, 4, or 5+ years time regretting no access to S75.
    TristanDeCoonha
    Have a look at Cardyard to see what discount you can get on your payment method, but as mentioned above, pay some of the sum owed to the store with a credit card
    Attic45
    I converted a massive house into apartments and went into Currys and spoke with the manager. I said I wanted to buy nearly £18k worth of appliances and he just said he would simply hold them until I needed them for free and deliver when I wanted for free. Other than that no discount was forthcoming.

I went to local independent and he said to me there was no way he could beat AO prices and if I ordered through him he would simply buy from AO and add a bit on for the trouble and sell it to me.

Went with AO in the end, saved nearly 3k on prices alone and since then have used them over 25 times.

To think Currys could have had that business as well if only he had been a little bit more happy to throw in some kettles or something.

Save you time and research, buy from AO and see if you can get freebies or such like on top. (edited)
    AndyRoyd
    Two caveats with AO based on recent multiple occurrences via family/friends' experiences:
    • there is an attempt by AO to hard-sell extended warranty on or immediately after day of delivery
    • on subsequent premature appliance failure, AO actively shirks its Consumer Rights Act obligations by attempting to sell the victim post-purchase warranty rather than AO funding a statutory solution.

Contra'd by all family/friends saying the delivery teams were friendly and helpful
    adam.mt
    Don't Curry's price match? You could then use discounted gift cards.
    windym
    Have you tried to find if the brands you want offer outlet sales (Bosch and Neff are from the same stable). We went to Miele in Oxfordshire and bought both ex display and end of line (never used) appliances at a huge saving. Even the ex display were un-used and came with full warranty.
    stu1991
    Did you manage to get sorted?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants