Current stores included:
  • B&M
  • Heron foods
  • Home Bargains
  • Poundland
  • Poundstretcher
  • Tesco instore grocery app deals

updated May 2023.
When we introduced our new Publication Rules, one of the issues you raised was the lack of store confirmations/availability for products advertised at B&M and certain other retailers.
It was decided that any retailer offers listed in the update should be moved to Discussions if the poster had not seen it in a store and was not able to provide proof of the deal's availability.

B&M or Tesco, for example, often display deals on their app/website that direct members to stores where the product is unavailable. We do not want to confuse or disappoint our members.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
Community Updates
Update 1
Current stores included:
  • B&M
  • Poundstretcher
  • Poundland
  • Home Bargains
  • Heron foods
Official Announcements
New Comment

20 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    SoupDragon1
    how do I add picture if too big for proof deal exists.
    nandy
    I've had this problem. I edited my picture a bit by cropping the edges to make it smaller and it worked.
    Anonymous User
    Good move, especially on clearance items one yesterday got a load of heat and store have had no stock for weeks.
    louiselouise
    What might start happening (with some Deals where it's the same item/local store find) is that pictures may get re-used. Eg, an in store Deal about Poundland. Probably to avoid it being moved to Discussions.

I'm sure it's well-intentioned but I've now realised why the HUKD member pasted my photo.
    Anonymous User
    Jay, until this is recognised & understood by all & sundry (bearing in mind you have new members all the time drip, dripping in) ...how about a copy & paste paragragh header on the stuff that moved so is understood on an ongoing basis ?(if not already incorporating that, ..as I haven't seen to what you are referring anywhere as of yet).
    Anonymous User
    Roger_Irrelevant
    Bump,

Moving these in-store deals into discussions will mean they get missed. Why not, keep them in deals but they get flagged with a "Wild Goose Chase" icon.

By default people won't see these deals, but they can opt into them in their profile settings.

If I see e.g. a Home Bargains in store deal, I'll check my local wherever the OP found it. No point in narrowing the deal down to the miniscule percentage of people that live near OP's e.g. Clacton store?
    andywedge
    Hi @nandy
    There are a handful of merchants which advertise products online yet there is rarely availability for these products in stores e.hg Home Bargains, B&M, Poundtretcher etc. Our community tell us they would rather these threads were only posted in the Deals section when a store is confirmed and evidence of availability (SEL or receipt) is provided. If you can provide evidence e.g a photo, a receipt etc we can review and maybe move them back to Deals.
    Thanks
    nandy
    andywedge15/09/2021 17:01

Hi @nandy There are a handful of merchants which advertise products online …Hi @nandy There are a handful of merchants which advertise products online yet there is rarely availability for these products in stores e.hg Home Bargains, B&M, Poundtretcher etc. Our community tell us they would rather these threads were only posted in the Deals section when a store is confirmed and evidence of availability (SEL or receipt) is provided. If you can provide evidence e.g a photo, a receipt etc we can review and maybe move them back to Deals. Thanks

Thanks Andywedge
    Jason Author
    louiselouise05/09/2019 11:41

What might start happening (with some Deals where it's the same item/local …What might start happening (with some Deals where it's the same item/local store find) is that pictures may get re-used. Eg, an in store Deal about Poundland. Probably to avoid it being moved to Discussions.I'm sure it's well-intentioned but I've now realised why the HUKD member pasted my photo.

We'd need the help of the community to identify that type of thing and consider whether it is still likely the offer exists.
    SoupDragon1
    how do I add picture if too big for proof deal exists
    Jason Author
    deleted138932205/09/2019 13:14

Jay, until this is recognised & understood by all & sundry (bearing in …Jay, until this is recognised & understood by all & sundry (bearing in mind you have new members all the time drip, dripping in) ...how about a copy & paste paragragh header on the stuff that moved so is understood on an ongoing basis ?(if not already incorporating that, ..as I haven't seen to what you are referring anywhere as of yet).

Whenever we remove deals from site (or move them to Discussions) we tell the OP the reasons why. So with these we'll create new messaging so the poster is well aware of what we've done with their thread and also how it can be moved back (they can provide proof of instore availability).
    Anonymous User
    Jason05/09/2019 17:46

Whenever we remove deals from site (or move them to Discussions) we tell …Whenever we remove deals from site (or move them to Discussions) we tell the OP the reasons why. So with these we'll create new messaging so the poster is well aware of what we've done with their thread and also how it can be moved back (they can provide proof of instore availability).

No, Jay, you misunderstand me: Head the thread (with a copy & paste paragraph) for better understanding as to its location movement for the benefit of **everyone** in its new location.
    Jason Author
    deleted138932205/09/2019 17:54

No, Jay, you misunderstand me: Head the thread (with a copy & paste …No, Jay, you misunderstand me: Head the thread (with a copy & paste paragraph) for better understanding as to its location movement for the benefit of **everyone** in its new location.

I’m sure we can do something, yep!
    Jason Author
    Roger_Irrelevant14/11/2019 10:46

Bump,Moving these in-store deals into discussions will mean they get …Bump,Moving these in-store deals into discussions will mean they get missed. Why not, keep them in deals but they get flagged with a "Wild Goose Chase" icon.By default people won't see these deals, but they can opt into them in their profile settings.If I see e.g. a Home Bargains in store deal, I'll check my local wherever the OP found it. No point in narrowing the deal down to the miniscule percentage of people that live near OP's e.g. Clacton store?

Hey @Roger_Irrelevant I'm not sure what the community benefit is to having something in Deals and being marked as such. What we should do instead is consider the product that has been shared. If it is a reduced to clear item (like something close to BBE or damaged etc) then those should get moved to Discussion. If it is an item reduced (even using Reduced to Clear is fine) and you're likely to find it in its usually selling spot (not in a designated clearance section) then as long as the location is provided we can allow these in Deals.

Since we introduced our Local Deal filter (here) we now give members the choice to select just the locations they're interested in rather than just see all offline deals or none at all.

So really we do already have some filters to stop members seeing the deals they aren't interested in.

Going back to your point and this thread, I do think it was the right thing to do with these types of deals. The feedback at the time was pretty clear that members weren't finding these offers. So the alternative was to only allow with proof (SEL or receipt). It is only a small pool of merchants and if members do report in these Discussions that they found the offers instore we can move back to Deals and reset the thread so it starts as a fresh deal. We can then at that point start adding in the specific locations. (edited)
    Roger_Irrelevant
    @magicjay1986 Cheers for the reply, the benefit is all deals (including products with proper shelf label i.e. not just in one store) are shown in the Deals thread, currently I'd have to go looking in the Discussions too which is full of loads of other stuff.

Saying that can I just flag a local deal with e.g. "South East" or does it have to be the store?

There are loads of deals from the above shops and people will be missing them when they are in all probability they are national..
    nandy
    Dear hukd team

This morning I posted 2 deals from Poundstretcher. I received a message saying my deals were moved to the discussion thread because the items weren't always available at Poundstretcher. Is this a recent rule as there were items from Poundstretcher posted on September 6th and August. I feel that the deals should have been allowed so that people can at least look in store if they want to. I have seen deals on here from the likes of B & M, Homebargains, Poundstretcher and I've gone to look in the stores and usually I find the deals posted and sometimes I don't but that's ok too. Give people a choice to look if it's something they want to do

Regards

nandy
    jdbigguy
    It's time Wickes the DIY store is added to this list. Their website continues to list product in some of their stores where they have had zero stock for days. They are also accepting C&C orders, then upto two hours later confirming the items are ready for collection and then later inform you they don't have any after all.
    nandy
    I don't understand why some deals are allowed for certain stores where the op doesn't need to show proof that the item is actually available in store. For example a recent microwave deal from Wilko, it names the store but no photo for proof. When I've posted a deal from Wilko I've had to show proof with a photo or receipt.
    Leaflets for deals for Farm foods are allowed but not from Savers.
    Gingerdan
    Yet the following deal was allowed:
    hotukdeals.com/dea…946

makes a mockery of your site, when clearly this is a one off and it can get so much heat but it’s not moved to discussions
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants