Onestream broadband - any good?

Posted 26th May 2023
Onestream broadband - any good? or are the reviews online accurate? I am considering them but maybe not a good idea. Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Community Updates
Misc
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    dolanduck
    They're terrible man. The router is terrible, speeds are almost never consistent or at the advertised rate, customer service is non existent, website direct debit portal doesn't actually work (if you cancel your DD or amend it, you have to call...I've waited an hour once...)

Avoid man.
    nopartylikeansclubparty
    Hi , they are ok , nothing great , nothing bad, the only thing I can need that needs vast improvement is the website , you can't view bills and check anything at all
    KodaBear
    Nothing bad to say whatsoever as long as you remember to cancel the free trials they offer you. Pretty easy to do so. Myself, my family, and many of my friends have had their services for years now and it's only got better over time. As for the broadband connection itself, it's just Vodafone broadband so no problems there either.

Also for the person who said you can't view bills or manage your account online, you very much can:

webportal.akjl.co.uk/One…eam
    Sagor Author
    Hi, thanks for the info, they seem to be offering the fibre 80 for £20.95 with a 12 month contract. The reviews suggest the mcafee and the onestream assured is hard to cancel, is that your experience?
    Sagor Author
    thanks very much.
    avfc456
    Swapped to them after Now put the price up - so far, no difference to now which I would expect, however the price seems great on paper, but:

They charge you extra for one of their routers - I use my own (just a tp link one) so avoided that

They give you a free trial of Mcaffee chargeable after 1 month I think it was - which I could not opt out of when ordering so had to call them, which then you get the sales pitch of "why would you not want anti virus". You get sent through a link to your email to then process the cancelation and receive a confirmation

They charge you extra for "onestream assured" free for 2 months, £3.95 thereafter - I need to cancel this one still, I got cut off when doing it originally, sounded like some insurance policy that if the line goes down they send an engineer the next day

So cheap on the face of it, with a few hidden extras.
's avatar
Top Merchants