Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Reframe glasses lenses

Posted 14th Mar 2023
Good afternoon all...

I have had a bit of a mishap with my glasses and wondered if anyone knows of an affordable solution to my problem. Basically the arms to my glasses (purchased from Glasses Direct) have snapped off. The lenses are not scratched, and looking at them I believe that the frames are unrepairable.
I have googled it and I have found 1 company (Ilkeston factory) which would cost about £59. If this was the case I would simply choose to buy new glasses.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated
5099402051678803550.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    MicroManaged
    £39.20 from Glasses direct with clear basic lenses at your prescription with 20% off.

Or get a 2nd pair free so 2 new pairs of glasses with lenses in for £49.

Don't see any real need to faff around with repairing them? If you have upgraded lenses in the broken ones then simply swap the lenses out when you get the new ones.
    stuartbywater Author
    I presume that swapping the lenses is fairly straightforward?
    harrythefish
    Have you thought of contacting the manufacturer of retailer of your broken glasses and asking if you can buy spare part arms? There's a model name and number visible in your photo that may help track down the manufacturer.
    CatsWithThumbs
    Are there any little "prongs" sticking out from the main piece at the hinges? Mine fell apart recently and the mechanism looks similar; I put a blob of superglue on the prong and slid it back into the arm - job done. It doesn't spring like it used to but might get you through for a while.
's avatar
Top Merchants