Router/mesh

Posted 28th Jun 2023
Hi,

recently purchased the Mercusys halo x80 3 pack. Im trying to set up the “main” router of this system. I have virgin media internet & have successfully put it into modem mode. Once following the instructions on the app it gets to the point where i create a network & then it fails to connect to internet? Any idea why this is? Pulling my hair out and cant find anything online tempted to just send back.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    have you logged into your mercusys, and changed the SSID details, to match your modem?

I’ll see if I can remember my login, so I can see what else you might be missing
    Author
    When i ethernet my mercusys to my laptop & try to log in it wont load the page not sure why?
    Did you restart the modem after putting it in modem mode?

There's a fairly detailed post by tudor in this thread that may be some help: community.virginmedia.com/t5/…rue

If that doesn't work, I suggest putting the virgin router back in router mode and setting the mercusys up as wireless access points, instead of routing mode. (edited)
    Check the WAN settings on your mercucys router;

A quick google suggests virgin require DHCP client protocol, this setting may be called "Connection Type" in the wan settings on your router, and need to be set to "dynamic IP".
    Author
    I cant currently get to router settings on the mercucys, when i use the 192.168.100.1 even when connected with ethernet. The page wont load, tried on different browsers too.
    Author
    50476206-BF2zN.jpg

50476206-ULGmn.jpg

50476206-Zsy08.jpg

50476206-Zsy08.jpg (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants