S23 fingerprint issue

Posted 9th Mar 2023
Hi there, wife has just received her new s23, set it up with tempered glass screen protector and everything and when trying to set up the fingerprint sensor, it's not recognising it and just reiterates what it's asking for, has anybody else come across this and have a solution please, thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sohailh1984
    I have a s23 ultra with a screen protector on too and have this issue at times. You might need to turn on touch sensitivity in settings
    laings86 Author
    Thanks we will go that a go
    james.curry
    If still having issues maybe get a zagg screen protector. They definitely work with the finger print sensor. There a tenner at curry's.
    m.bxsil
    I don't think you need to spend that much on a screen protector, i got mine from eBay for the S21 for £2 and it works fine with the fingerprint sensor.
    Zek
    I guess your fingerprint sensor is in the screen then? On my phone it has one on the power button so I would use my thumb but after a few days it would stop recognising it, since I switched to using my index finger it recognises it pretty much all the time. Just saying try a different finger (edited)
    dcx_badass
    In screen fingerprint readers are garbage, I've had this issue with multiple phones, rear fp readers were ideal.
    Russ2626
    It sounds like the screen protector may be the issue. Glass ones are thicker than the film ones and may affect the in screen fingerprint reader
    bozo007
    I have had multiple challenges with glass protectors on curved screens and have stopped using them - don't stay flush with the screen creating a gap, fingerprint issues, etc. I have now switched to a gel one and it works fine on my S22 Ultra.
's avatar
Top Merchants