Taking A Monitor 27" on easyJet

Posted 17th Jun 2023
Hello
Just wondering if anyone has ever taken A monitor on A flight and what would be the best way to go about it.
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I took a 32" LCD TV abroad once.

In a suitcase. Arrived perfectly. But I'm a world class packer and was in no doubt it'd get there (edited)
    Author
    So suitcase would be the best way to go just wrap it up well.
    I am guessing if you unscrewed the base plate stand off, then it would be easier. Never taken one myself but can't see why not
    Author
    Yeah. Well it's for someone so was just going to buy it and leave it in the box so hopefully it's not already on.
    Is it a one way trip, or return?
    A monitor of that size is likely to need a full size case to include packing.
    How much will Easyjet charge? About £35 for a case to Bud for example. You might get it in a large cabin bag (check specs) but is smaller and not far from the same price, although you know that it hasn't been slung around.
    So, £70 for a return trip, plus a good power adapter (£10?), whereas a monitor of that size could be bought for around £100 new, without hassle or worry, and just give it away before your return.
    Where are you flying to, and what is the monitor? (edited)
    Author
    It's going one way.Dropping it to family as the cost of the monitor cost way more there and thats's if they can even get hold of it. BenQ MOBIUZ
    I took a spare 22” monitor with me 2 years ago to India, took it as it was spare and not being used. Appreciate its not as big as your 27” or even the 32” that mentions. What I did was dismantle as much as I could, so I removed the stand and then took apart the stand as much as I could. The main screen was then just wrapped in clothes and positioned so that it was in the centre of the suit case.

Ended up not using it that year but did use it this year when I was there.
    Would be easier to watch the movie on your phone
    Author
    Thanks for the help. Got the BenQ MOBIUZ EX2710Q here safe. Paid for 25KG case. Had to take it out the box but it come pack in really thick polystyrene so cut some of that off and it fitted into A 32" suitcase.
    Told the women at the check in what was in the case and she took me to a different check in for items like this and put fragile stickers and tag on it.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants