uPVC door Mullion end cap... What manfacturer

Posted 21st Feb 2020
Hello fellow hotukdealers

I have been giving my french door abit of tlc. Replaced a broken gearbox door strip. Bought the house and there's no paper work to french doors. Whats always griped me, is a horrible gap at the bottom of the door. The top end cap is in place, the bottom is in Timbuktu. I need a new end/ mullion end cap. I've took a pic of the top end cap and it has a crown and a what appears to be a part number. Google hasn't been my friend and can't find it. I need the reverse anyway as it doesn't fit in the bottom. Anyone got a scooby about where I could find said cap or can recommend a good enough fix. Only way to take the eye off of it and stop the draught. thanks

3410859-o9kQH.jpg3410859-tZF6P.jpg3410859-2p2Av.jpg3410859-J1F1R.jpg3410859-sG6rL.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Well this seems to be a very common problem, as I have exactly the same issue with the house I've just bought. The bottom molding has gone leaving a gap under the doors. In my case I need a 'upvc French Door Mullion End Cap' in white, and you can't get them anywhere. Believe me I have looked!

However I think I have a solution. The top end cap on my doors is still in place, so with care I should be able to remove it, to act as a model or template. I'm then considering getting a 3D printing company to 'print' me one from scratch using white plastic. Hopefully, if done right, I should be able to get a replacement part made, yet know it will fit the profile of the mullion.
    I don’t know if it helps but that looks very much like my french doors and they were from AGS years ago.
    Go to a double glazing store, the trade counters type places where you would order a casement of windows, they should be able to order you one from factory if they are the helpful type firm.
    Hi. Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the same issue. Thank you
    Author
    butler188231/03/2020 16:13

Hi. Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the same issue. …Hi. Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I am having the same issue. Thank you

No I didn't. Got no chance now neither really have we
    louiearch930901/04/2020 09:03

No I didn't. Got no chance now neither really have we

Going to have to glue a bit of upvc to cover the gap and leave it I think
    I have a set of patio doors with EXACTLY the same problem. Can’t find parts anywhere !
    Author
    clive_young05/11/2020 16:15

Well this seems to be a very common problem, as I have exactly the same …Well this seems to be a very common problem, as I have exactly the same issue with the house I've just bought. The bottom molding has gone leaving a gap under the doors. In my case I need a 'upvc French Door Mullion End Cap' in white, and you can't get them anywhere. Believe me I have looked!However I think I have a solution. The top end cap on my doors is still in place, so with care I should be able to remove it, to act as a model or template. I'm then considering getting a 3D printing company to 'print' me one from scratch using white plastic. Hopefully, if done right, I should be able to get a replacement part made, yet know it will fit the profile of the mullion.

I considered this, but I believe the top mullion didn't fit the bottom. So try it first, before you commit to having one made up
    Many years on, did you ever find a replacement? I have looked everywhere online and nothing (edited)
    Author
    No I didn't. Went ahead and bought all new doors and windows. I think your only chance is to go to someone who knows what they are doing with a 3D printer, albeit you'll need at least one of the parts
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants