Posted 25th Jun 2023
Vodafone launches first Standalone 5G mobile network for consumers
vodafone.co.uk/new…rs/
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    My 5g is turned off. Drains battery like nobodies business and 4g is plenty fast enough
    I have done the same on my S22 Ultra. I don't need emails to be delivered 0.01 seconds faster.
    "By launching 5G Ultra today, Vodafone is driving innovation for consumers and businesses to create Europe’s leading 5G network. The recently proposed merger with Three UK would mean the merged company would have the scale to deliver 5G Standalone to more than 99% of the UK’s populated areas by 2034, delivered via an £11 billion investment in the network over the next decade."

It's all marketing hype. We were meant to be on 5g years ago and was given a sub standard 5g that heavily relies on 4g networks.

They are aiming to be ready for 11 years time. I wouldn't commit now. Even with living in London, I think it'll be a slow release before it's actually worth it, as knowing Vodafone they'll charge you extra for a network that's not ready
    Turned 5g off. Battery drain and doesn't stretch far enough - always switching back to 4g, no point. And in most areas it's slower, certainly with latency
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants