What to use £130 Currys Gift Cards on

Posted 22nd Mar 2022
We were given £130 Currys Gift Cards and they now have 3 months left before expiring. We've been keeping an eye on Currys deals for over 18 months but never seen anything we needed or wasn't cheaper elsewhere.

Now we're approaching use it or lose it period.

Push comes to shove we'll buy and return something to get a Gif Card refund with another 2 yeas expiry.

But maybe there's something worth spending £130 on now? What you think?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Neverwoncomps
    Go into a store and ask to change to another gift card, this will extend for another 2 years!
    ChelseaRae
    You can buy gift cards in there not for Curry’s, for example if you have a Netflix subscription, buy a Netflix giftcard, apply it to your existing account and you won’t be billed in the meantime, same for Spotify, X-Box Game Pass, PS Plus etc.

You can also purchase gift cards in there that are for use across different stores, they offer a few variations including eating out and high street retailers. You could also consider getting gifts for any upcoming occasions?

As mentioned above, Curry’s do also price match so if there is something you want/need from there that’s cheaper elsewhere then take that route.
    BadMF
    You can go in store and they can extend it for a further 12 months for no charge.
    Easy.Action.Baby
    Sqsq23/03/2022 07:08

Get £106 cash for £130 Currys GC... So immediately lose 18% value.People m …Get £106 cash for £130 Currys GC... So immediately lose 18% value.People must be desperate if this is used much.For me it says Currys is overvalued by 18%.What's the business model here - maybe they sell back to Currys for £118 so each make a 9% return.

It is a useful way of getting rid of vouchers you are given when you would rather have cash. I have not used it however I'm rarely given vouchers. OP said their vouchers were running out and asked for ideas
    Gollywood
    I'd sell them and buy the items at a reputable retailer
    Judge-Jury-Executioner
    Buy £130 worth of gift cards?
    sm9690
    If it was cheaper elsewhere why didn't you get currys to price match?
    Sqsq Author
    Judge-Jury-Executioner22/03/2022 08:17

Buy £130 worth of gift cards?

Usually can't buy GCs with GCs - I'll check the T&Cs.

Update: seems we can buy other GCs with Currys GCs... that's the best suggestions so far. Thanks!

"cannot use your gift card to purchase airtime, or certain mobile phones and accessories... or exchange for cash" (edited)
    Neverwoncomps
    Sqsq22/03/2022 08:43

They accept Currys GCs?Would save me and them the hassle of buying & …They accept Currys GCs?Would save me and them the hassle of buying & returning something for the same result. Didn't know they could just change GCs, thanks!

I have done this with Marks and Spencer and im sure i did the same with Currys
    bobdylan
    Sell on AVForums
    tardytortoise
    give away to your favourite charity
    Sqsq Author
    tardytortoise22/03/2022 08:20

give away to your favourite charity

They accept Currys GCs?

Neverwoncomps22/03/2022 08:41

Go into a store and ask to change to another gift card, this will extend …Go into a store and ask to change to another gift card, this will extend for another 2 years!

Would save me and them the hassle of buying & returning something for the same result. Didn't know they could just change GCs, thanks! (edited)
    Sqsq Author
    sm969022/03/2022 08:37

If it was cheaper elsewhere why didn't you get currys to price match? …If it was cheaper elsewhere why didn't you get currys to price match?

I'm lazy

Usually the other is Amazon which is more convenient for us wrt returns as we have lockers nearby.
    Easy.Action.Baby
    Sell to cardyards and get £106 each or try zapper.
    Sqsq Author
    Easy.Action.Baby22/03/2022 11:05

Sell to cardyards and get £106 each or try zapper.

Get £106 cash for £130 Currys GC... So immediately lose 18% value.

People must be desperate if this is used much.

For me it says Currys is overvalued by 18%.

What's the business model here - maybe they sell back to Currys for £118 so each make a 9% return. (edited)
    chaywa
    If you're a PC gamer you can buy Steam wallet cards on Currys online (they count towards a Steam Deck too)
    Sqsq Author
    chaywa23/03/2022 15:47

If you're a PC gamer you can buy Steam wallet cards on Currys online (they …If you're a PC gamer you can buy Steam wallet cards on Currys online (they count towards a Steam Deck too)

Sadly not a gamer.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants