Which gaming laptop? Higher spec but older or newer but lower spec?

Posted 28th Mar 2023
Hello, 
my daughter needs a new gaming laptop. I’ve spent ages looking for a decent one around the £800 mark. I thought I had decided on this one which was released in January this year 

laptopoutlet.co.uk/asu…tml

but then I found this one which seems to have much higher specs but was released in 2021

laptopoutlet.co.uk/asu…tml

I’m sure I read earlier that the 2022 ASUS F15 are much better than the 2021 ASUS F15’s?? But the specs seem so much better on the older one.  I’m rather clueless about all of this and have been trying my best to figure it all out, but any help would be really much appreciated.

thank you so much to anyone that might be able to help me 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    sm9690
    Spend the extra £50 to get the 3060 over the 3050
    saz2696 Author
    Thanks for the advice. I think I’ve figured out why I thought newer laptops were better, it’s because of the gen 12 i5 thing in newer models but both of these seem to be gen 11. Do you think I should be trying harder to find a gen 12 model maybe with maybe only 8gb rather than 16gn to keep around my budget?
    adam.mt
    Both of the models you've linked are 2021 releases. We are currently transitioning from 12th to 13th Gen Intel for latest models.

ASUS TUF Gaming Laptops
    asus.com/uk/…ing

Personally, I'd look for at least a 12th gen as CPU performance had a good uptick. (edited)
Discussions
Top Merchants