Which 'off-white' paint colour do you like?

Posted 21st Mar 2023
We have a next extension to paint and just looking for an off-white colour that will contrast nicely with regular white woodwork.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

(I know people can get obsessive about off-whites and their personal favourites! )
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you want contrast with white then you're going to need something further away than off white.

Are you going for shiny white woodwork or something flatter?
    Author
    Thanks - we matched F&B Strong White (farrow-ball.com/pai…urs) last time which contrasted nicely with a regular brilliant white. All chalky matt finish.
    Jasmine white b&q
    We have Magnolia coloured walls with white skirting and coving in our house. Always liked it.
    Author
    I notice below also suggests Magnolia. It does seem to stir up marmite reactions!

standard.co.uk/hom…tml
    Dulux vynl matt ral code 9010 compliments white really well,been using this paint for years and it's box standard throughout the painting industry, widely used on mostly new works in and around the city offices and buildings,
    RAL9010 is white is it not?
    I have magnolia, with white skirting & doors
    I like antique cream.
    We’ve recently used Dulux Timeless in a lot of rooms, we’re happy with it.
    Dulux Natural Hessian, it is similar to magnolia but far nicer.
    We used Johnstone's Moonlit Sky lots in our house with gloss white doors/skirting. It's light grey with a bit of purple in it to make it warmer. Looks great IMO and if you have kids any marks come off easily with a magic eraser which they didn't when we had it brilliant white.

I would say you definitely need something away from off white if you want a contrast, otherwise you will just end up with grubby looking walls. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants