Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

7 Days Carhire from Alicante Airport 23rd to 30th March £15.26 @ Auto Europe via Travelsupermarket

Posted 17th Mar 2023
THIS IS NOT A DEAL AS SUCH
travelsupermarket.com/en-…ge/
Based on the smallest type of car. Fully legal and insured, but is subject to an excess charge if you damage it

You get similar prices all the time, especially for the Mediterranean countries..Spain, Portugal, Greek islands etc..always worth checking the Travel Supermarket comparison site. Just wanted to put it out there as a viable option to airport transfers for holidays

Personally, I always want the car to be 'on airport' (rather than it be a shuttle bus to the car hire), so I always filter by that. Plus I always want the fuel policy to be full to full.

In addition I never pay for the additional excess cover that they try to flog you. Never had a problem in 15 years..but up to you whether you want to take the chance or want the peace of mind by taking out the additional cover. The excess can be €1100.
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Xippi
    There are some great deals to be had I agree but I must admit I've got more fussy about car hire and there are some companies that I avoid. I'm now prepared to pay a bit more and be more comfortable without the upselling attempts at pickup and looking forward to having the car forensically examined on return. I prefer shuttle bus at busy airports and/or when my arrival/return is in the dark. It's usually much easier and relaxing to drive to/from the rental place but that's just personal. I agree full/full is best as is booking through a broker site. It's a good idea to buy a third party CDW policy that will cover your excess - the cheap headline price rental companies must get their money from somewhere so they'll be much more likely to look carefully for a reason to charge you extra.
    Justintime12
    At all costs, avoid goldcar. Proper scammers. (edited)
    pingusdead Author
    Has been changed to a discussion (based on what I said in the description)..but I do think it should be listed as a 'deal'.. it's £15 for 7 Days car hire!
Top Merchants