Advice on buying a built-in double oven: Are sizes standard?

Posted 28th Jun 2023
I need to buy a new built-in double oven to replace the Neff one that's already in my kitchen.

I assumed that built-in double ovens would all be a standard size. But looking online, they all seem to have slightly different sizes.

For example, on John Lewis, they have Zannusi and Bosch that measure H87.5 x W56 x D55cm

But on Argos they have Bosh and Neff which are listed as H88.8, W59.4, D55cm.

My existing Neff is H88.5 x W59.5 x D56.7cms
So does this mean if I got the John Lewis one's I'd be left with a 1.3 cm gap for the height and 3cm gap for the width? Whereas the Argos ones would be 0.3cm too high to fit?

Or is it the case that they are all the same standard size, and they are just rounding up the measurements differently?

Thanks for any advice.
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Good advice on this page we are also trying to source a new double oven.
    - currys.co.uk/tec…tml
    Chat with NEFF and see what they say are your options - they will know exactly which ones will be ideal replacements. Sad to say you don't get much of a consumer choice these days.
    Obviously, your new oven is going to be fitted into the space your current one is in - so it is the space measurements which really count. Obviously, a replacement with the exact same measurements as your existing NEFF will do. BUT if one or more of the dimensions is just slightly less, don't worry simply cos "spacers" of some kind can be used. One oven we bought once was a good 6 inches shorter, but no matter all we did is shop around for a stainless steel silver grille to fill the gap. Needed a few modifications but it actually improved the look of the oven.
    Openings are 600mm wide for all standard cupboards. Oven, Washing machine etc.

Should have air gap at the back so plenty of depth.

Height can be different with trims added after oven was originally fitted, but I've never had trouble swapping ovens when the size was similar.
    Open oven door. Remove maybe 4 screws around the edges and pull over out 400mm or so. Measure opening.
    Push your oven back in.
    My parents had this issue last year. Neff double oven on its last legs and they couldn't find a decent replacement - they went for replacing with 2 single ovens and having the unit above the oven altered.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants