Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon warehouse warranty 30 days or 1 year?

Posted 7th Aug 2013
I am thinking of buying a fairly expensive item from amazon warehouse. I understand that items comes with 30 days return policy but do items have a warranty beyond this?

I spoke to Amazon Live Chat and they stated that all items have 1 year warranty, although it seemed that I was talking to a scripted robot...

The item is listed as "Used - Good. The item may come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on the top, front or sides of the item. The lid has minor cosmetic imperfections. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and a 30-day return policy." So I am slightly worried about it's condition. If I am not happy with the condition are items easy to return? Has anyone dealt with Amazon warehouse with fairly expensive (~£300) electricals?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Anonymous User
    I finally got an answer to this and I have it verbally and in writing.
    "Hello

My name xxxx from Amazon, we spoke on the phone earlier. I understand you had queries about the LG television you orders on a warehouse deal.

All items offered by Amazon Warehouse Deals are sold with a One-Year warranty covering mechanical or component failures.

Due to the changing nature of the inventory, we won’t be able to replace your item. Instead, we’ll provide you with a refund. "
    bencallis Author

Me: Do amazon warehouse deals just have 30 days warranty?Amazon CS:All … Me: Do amazon warehouse deals just have 30 days warranty?Amazon CS:All items purchased from Amazon.co.uk come with a one year warranty.If you are not satisfied with the item you need to return the item within 30 days.Me:Including Amazon Warehouse (used/ open box items)?Amazon CS:Yes, you are right.Me:OK Thanks for your help.

ifrazalam
    I think its 90 days on used items.
    konimitsu
    It iis usually 30 days you have to return an item and 90 days for the actual warranty. Remember you are buying a used item so as far as I know the laws are different.

I have bought a few tv's from Amazon warehouse and except one (had a fault) which I returned without any problem they were as new. I would buy again and would recommend them also.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants