Any home bicycle repair fans have experience of cheap derailleur hanger straightening tool?

Posted 3rd Jul 2023
Hi, looking for a cheap ish derailleur hanger straightening tool, clone of Park dag 2.2 perhaps. Seen the park for £65 but don’t think I will ever break even at that price. Hoping for something £30-40 ish that will be fine for home use. Lifeline/xtools should be ok as their headset press is excellent, anyone tried any of the eBay park clones such as the Toopre?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    There is a nice YouTube video showing you how to make your own. I’ll see if I can find the link
    Author
    Might have a go at this if I can find someone with a pillar drill, looks like it won’t be a accurate enough if the hole isn’t bang on. Thanks
    I've got an xtools one and it works fine - they often end up in the wiggle/crc sales. They're definitely worth having with 11/12 speed drivetrains as they're so much more sensitive to hanger misalignment. First thing I check these days if gears start going bad.
    A bit late but if it helps... I have the lifeline one as I couldn't fork out £60 on the park tool one. Its a good tool, used it quite a bit, only thing is that the arm is a tiny bit loose, and so you have to apply a bit of load to the arm whilst checking alignment to make sure that it doesn't affect your alignment.
    would be interested as well as i tried to straighten mine with clamp pliers and ended up banging my index finger and bruising it!! still wonky
    Ali-express £3.65 - Bike Hook Aligner Bicycle Derailleur Aligner Hanger Bike Tail Hook 360° Rotation Alignment Corrector Cycling Repair Tools
    Author
    Looks like the £3 price is for a chain break and the toople is £33?
    Author
    Reading reviews it sounds like the cheap ones have issues with play around the pivots and arnt accurate enough, the lifeline is supposed to be pretty good though. Might have a stab at making one
    This is the YouTube link I followed. Well I got the engineers at work to make it for me anyway.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants