Anyone work for Virgin Media who can give discount?

Posted 21st Mar 2022
My broadband has come to an end with Virgin Media last week. I waited and nobody called back to give me a good offer.
The offers on the VM website are higher than what I was paying.
Is there anybody on this forum who can get me M100 + phone for £20 with Bill credit?
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

31 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    michael_fleet
    Hi,
    On M100, broadband only, and my notice period was coming to an end on Thursday too. I had an email from VM a week or so ago, but no call, so I called the number provided - 0330 303 5301 yesterday, got M200 for £20 a month, was also offered M100 for £17. All confirmed by email immediately, and the speed increase was active by the time I got home from work an hour later!
    jameshothothot
    gravy_davey22/03/2022 08:18

How do you become an approved contact?

Opted in... Or not opted out... Of marketing calls... I think
    Griffinpark1982
    They won't give u a decent offer until you put your cancellation in. I'm getting 100mb broadband for £22 a month but that was only after I had rejected their initial offer when my contract had expired.
    Mark_Hickman
    You've done it all wrong unfortunately and now you've left it too late.
    ive been giving in my notice every year for 12 years and they have always called with 48 hours, if they dont call within that time i know they wont call. i then sign up in my partners name and select option, im a new customer moving in when it flags up services already active at this address.
    Next year i repeat and change it back to my name, you should have done this 2 weeks back though because its usually 7-14 days to get kit delivery and activation
    Mark
    deleted12678321/03/2022 18:16

Why would they say they are thinking of leaving when their 30 day …Why would they say they are thinking of leaving when their 30 day cancellation period ends in 3 days? They've obviously cancelled their contract anyway.Unless I'm missing something...

No, I'm missing something

I missed that he's already put notice in, my bad
    chocci
    Talom21/03/2022 19:01

The t&C's says you can't do that? Says 30 days need to pass and then …The t&C's says you can't do that? Says 30 days need to pass and then another period of time before signing up

What they say and the reality are different, otherwise, every time someone moves into a vm wired house, they would lose custom as people wouldn't wait 30 days for broadband.

Worth just trying it now anyway.
    Talom Author
    jameshothothot21/03/2022 17:25

Are you on their approved contact list? I know some have mentioned it and …Are you on their approved contact list? I know some have mentioned it and sure I had it too... Had to be approved for calls? I might be wrong... My dad cancelled and got a better deal recently so wish you luck!

I'm opted in for marketing if that's what you mean?
    jameshothothot
    Talom21/03/2022 17:27

I'm opted in for marketing if that's what you mean?

Yep that is the one... Hmmmm...
    Mark
    Talom21/03/2022 17:45

Do you have a number to get in touch with retentions directly?

You can find all the details here

Just tell them you are thinking of leaving to see what they say. Bear in mind though, to get the best discount from Sky when leaving, you have to start the cancellation and 3 weeks into the 30 day notice they usually contact you to stay, I'm not sure if Virgin do the same
    chocci
    Mark21/03/2022 17:47

You can find all the details here Just tell them you are thinking of …You can find all the details here Just tell them you are thinking of leaving to see what they say. Bear in mind though, to get the best discount from Sky when leaving, you have to start the cancellation and 3 weeks into the 30 day notice they usually contact you to stay, I'm not sure if Virgin do the same

Why would they say they are thinking of leaving when their 30 day cancellation period ends in 3 days? They've obviously cancelled their contract anyway.

Unless I'm missing something...
    michael_fleet
    Just said it was too much, was going to Vodafone 100 for £22 a month with £100 bill credit (the bill credit bit wasn't actually real, but could be!), no negotiations, he just said Virgin was more stable, etc, etc, then those prices. Guy's name was Jason, with an Irish accent, helpful and to the point, and, as above, did what he said he would and conformed in writing almost immediately.
    Talom Author
    Griffinpark198221/03/2022 16:38

They won't give u a decent offer until you put your cancellation in. I'm …They won't give u a decent offer until you put your cancellation in. I'm getting 100mb broadband for £22 a month but that was only after I had rejected their initial offer when my contract had expired.

Yeah i put in cancellation and my service is coming to an end this thursday
    Griffinpark1982
    Well, usually they would call back within 30 days to offer a better deal. I would just look elsewhere then, if they aren't willing to offer you a good deal then change providers!
    jameshothothot
    Talom21/03/2022 16:41

Yeah i put in cancellation and my service is coming to an end this thursday

Are you on their approved contact list? I know some have mentioned it and sure I had it too... Had to be approved for calls? I might be wrong... My dad cancelled and got a better deal recently so wish you luck! (edited)
    Talom Author
    Yeah very strange. Maybe they'll call on the very last day
    Mark
    Personally, I've always found online offers (posted here and elsewhere) for VM to be stronger than even their local door 2 door sale reps, not sure about friends and family discount. You can go the route of new connection via a partners name or someone else who lives at the address, but as others have said speak to their retentions team, as they may be able to offer something. (edited)
    Talom Author
    Mark21/03/2022 17:39

Personally, I've always found online offers (posted here and elsewhere) …Personally, I've always found online offers (posted here and elsewhere) for VM to be stronger than even their local door 2 door sale reps, not sure about friends and family discount. You can go the route of new connection via a partners name or someone else who lives at the address, but as others have said speak to their retentions team, as they may be able to offer something.

Do you have a number to get in touch with retentions directly?
    Bargainhead
    Talom21/03/2022 17:37

Yeah very strange. Maybe they'll call on the very last day

They don’t phone everyone, I have done multiple times but on one occasion they didn’t call back.

let it cancel then get someone else in the house to take new contract out..
    Talom Author
    deleted192272221/03/2022 18:52

They don’t phone everyone, I have done multiple times but on one occasion t …They don’t phone everyone, I have done multiple times but on one occasion they didn’t call back.let it cancel then get someone else in the house to take new contract out..

The t&C's says you can't do that? Says 30 days need to pass and then another period of time before signing up
    Anonymous User
    Just undo the cancellation and double check the marketing preference and they have your number, then put in another 30 days notice and try again. You so t get £20 plus bill credit but you should get 100 for £17 to £20 and even 200 for not much more.
    Bargainhead
    Talom21/03/2022 19:01

The t&C's says you can't do that? Says 30 days need to pass and then …The t&C's says you can't do that? Says 30 days need to pass and then another period of time before signing up

as chocci said who's to say someone new hasn't moved in. they don't want to lose bussiness..
    Talom Author
    Mark_Hickman21/03/2022 20:59

You've done it all wrong unfortunately and now you've left it too late. …You've done it all wrong unfortunately and now you've left it too late. ive been giving in my notice every year for 12 years and they have always called with 48 hours, if they dont call within that time i know they wont call. i then sign up in my partners name and select option, im a new customer moving in when it flags up services already active at this address.Next year i repeat and change it back to my name, you should have done this 2 weeks back though because its usually 7-14 days to get kit delivery and activation

.. yeah. I looked at their t&C's and thought you can't do the name swap as it stated on their site. Guess I'll just have to move to a new provider then. Out of interest, when they call you within 48 hours, do they give you a good deal?
    Mark_Hickman
    Talom21/03/2022 21:07

.. yeah. I looked at their t&C's and thought you can't do the name … .. yeah. I looked at their t&C's and thought you can't do the name swap as it stated on their site. Guess I'll just have to move to a new provider then. Out of interest, when they call you within 48 hours, do they give you a good deal?

Its usually better than retention deals offered when giving in your 30 days but not by a lot.
    You could still stay with virgin now you dont have to switch supplier, just quickly sign up in your partners name and see what the earliest date you can connect is
    aLV426
    I want to do this - however I don't want to lose my internet connection. Any good Data SIM deals?
    I'm paying £38.00 for "Big Bundle" (TV M, M100 & land line - which still doesn't work!) and get this:
    47126310-WxkHa.jpgI'm getting 20Mbps instead of the 10Mbps, perhaps I shouldn't cancel?
    At this stage as my landline has been faulty for well over 5 years now I could do without it. I really only the internet (M100 is fine) and the missus really wants the TV package, but I reckon we could do without it as well) So £25 seems about the going rate for M100? ALthough some say they can get it as low as £17? (edited)
    Bargainhead
    Talom21/03/2022 21:07

.. yeah. I looked at their t&C's and thought you can't do the name swap … .. yeah. I looked at their t&C's and thought you can't do the name swap as it stated on their site. Guess I'll just have to move to a new provider then. Out of interest, when they call you within 48 hours, do they give you a good deal?

Sign up in someone else’s name, whichever provider you go with now will take a few days to sort out..
    gravy_davey
    jameshothothot21/03/2022 17:25

Are you on their approved contact list? I know some have mentioned it and …Are you on their approved contact list? I know some have mentioned it and sure I had it too... Had to be approved for calls? I might be wrong... My dad cancelled and got a better deal recently so wish you luck!

How do you become an approved contact?
    Talom Author
    michael_fleet22/03/2022 08:41

Hi, On M100, broadband only, and my notice period was coming to an end on …Hi, On M100, broadband only, and my notice period was coming to an end on Thursday too. I had an email from VM a week or so ago, but no call, so I called the number provided - 0330 303 5301 yesterday, got M200 for £20 a month, was also offered M100 for £17. All confirmed by email immediately, and the speed increase was active by the time I got home from work an hour later!

Thanks for this.. What did you call into say to get this offer?
    Talom Author
    michael_fleet22/03/2022 10:44

Just said it was too much, was going to Vodafone 100 for £22 a month with …Just said it was too much, was going to Vodafone 100 for £22 a month with £100 bill credit (the bill credit bit wasn't actually real, but could be!), no negotiations, he just said Virgin was more stable, etc, etc, then those prices. Guy's name was Jason, with an Irish accent, helpful and to the point, and, as above, did what he said he would and conformed in writing almost immediately.

Thanks will try this by calling the number you provided
    gravy_davey
    michael_fleet22/03/2022 10:44

Just said it was too much, was going to Vodafone 100 for £22 a month with …Just said it was too much, was going to Vodafone 100 for £22 a month with £100 bill credit (the bill credit bit wasn't actually real, but could be!), no negotiations, he just said Virgin was more stable, etc, etc, then those prices. Guy's name was Jason, with an Irish accent, helpful and to the point, and, as above, did what he said he would and conformed in writing almost immediately.

Did you have any luck?
    Talom Author
    gravy_davey19/04/2022 00:32

Did you have any luck?

Nope, best they could do was £50 bill credit. So I just signed up to the MSE deal posted above
's avatar
Top Merchants