Deleted

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Uridium
    Virgin is the fastest un-throttled If you can get it and afford it.
    Dave859
    fttp from BT is really good for gaming with a super low ping and speeds of 330/20. Its very limited in areas its available but worth checking if you can get it.
    Britneyfan
    virgin
    Anonymous User
    BT is great unless the game is Fifa.
    gazdoubleu
    Don't forget to research a providers upload speed as this can be important for some gaming.
    westy90
    I had Virgin last year always had 50mbps download speed no matter what. currently on sky and I usually get 30mbps but can sometimes drop to as low as 8mbps
    (edited)
    jezyna
    definitely not Sky! I got 1.7mbs! no virgin in area
    (edited)
    westy125
    No mention at all of port opening? Its not all down to the supplier, it's router settings as well, so many people complain of poor Internet with no attempt to change or better the settings
    Uridium
    westy125

No mention at all of port opening? Its not all down to the supplier, it's … No mention at all of port opening? Its not all down to the supplier, it's router settings as well, so many people complain of poor Internet with no attempt to change or better the settings

Having ports forwarded or not on your router has no effect on Internet speed up or down, it will just allow applications to connect or not...
    davethejedi
    In gaming ping is king, (response times) virgin would usually be best although are oversubscribed in some areas
    GonzoFK
    Uridium

Having ports forwarded or not on your router has no effect on Internet … Having ports forwarded or not on your router has no effect on Internet speed up or down, it will just allow applications to connect or not...

​It's not supposed to have an affect on your internet speed.
    Uridium
    GonzoFK

It's not supposed to have an affect on your internet speed.

That was my point........the post I was replying to suggested it does....
    (edited)
    westy125
    Uridium

Having ports forwarded or not on your router has no effect on Internet … Having ports forwarded or not on your router has no effect on Internet speed up or down, it will just allow applications to connect or not...

​Op asked for best broadband supplier, hence my comment about opening ports for the game, if the application can't connect then it doesn't matter what supplier your using! That was my point, I never mentioned speed nor did the op it was best supplier for gaming, read it properly next time
    jb66
    Virgin has the best download speed but Openreach Fibre has better latency, virgin is not the best for GAMING
    Uridium
    westy125

Op asked for best broadband supplier, hence my comment about opening … Op asked for best broadband supplier, hence my comment about opening ports for the game, if the application can't connect then it doesn't matter what supplier your using! That was my point, I never mentioned speed nor did the op it was best supplier for gaming, read it properly next time

OP asked for best broadband supplier for gaming...not advice on configuring a router........

UberPark
    virgin is good for downloading games off of steam but for online gaming its alright
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants