Best value for money Miter Saw Recommendation Needed

Posted 11th Apr 2022
Price per performance what would be the best sliding miter saw please. I don't know much about these. Saw these on Hotukdeals and internet.

Budget £150-£250

DEWALT DWS774-GB 216-mm 230V Slide Mitre Saw with XPS - Yellow/Black - Amazon £215

Makita LS0815FLN 240v 1400W 216mm Sliding Compound Mitre Saw Laser Guide LED - £186.15 with code @ eBay / ffx

BOSCH GCM800SJ2 216MM ELECTRIC SINGLE-BEVEL SLIDING COMPOUND MITRE SAW 240V 209.99INC VAT @ Screwfix
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Mark_Hickman
    The fact you've only listed bosch, DeWalt and Makita tells me you won't be interested in the below but I'll mention it anyway.
    I bought the below model and it's fantastic, same as all current erbaurer tools, very well made, solid and reliable.
    Max cross cut 305x90, double bevel, and very accurate, design of locking angles etc.. are much smoother and better designed than my old smaller DeWalt saw
    47253601_1.jpg (edited)
    Mark_Hickman
    Fn6Dragon11/04/2022 17:59

Interesting. I have cheap wickes saw. Too loud and lacks refinement and …Interesting. I have cheap wickes saw. Too loud and lacks refinement and power. Do you think I won’t regret going over big brands I mentioned?

You're not going to regret going over to a big brand from your Wickes branded saw but for the same money over Dewalt, Bosch etc. the erbaurer I linked will give you great accuracy and plenty of power plus the ability to perform larger cuts and it's double bevel for the same price you'll pay for a smaller saw and single bevel.
    If you're using it all day every day for a trade you'd be better off paying more and buying a better top brand with double bevel bit for DIY here and there the erbaurer is perfect and has everything you need.
    Only thing I will point out is you mentioned it's too loud, the erbaurer is definitely not quiet but no mitre saws are
    Mark_Hickman
    I think you'd be really pleased with the erbaurer but it's your choice, you're getting double bevel instead of single and a larger cutting ability for similar price, as I said mine is very accurate and the laser is spot on too, plus it has a built in torch to cut in the dark if needed
    PaulandPam
    Fn6Dragon11/04/2022 20:50

[Image] I’m complete novice who has been watching builder renovate my h …[Image] I’m complete novice who has been watching builder renovate my house. Recently I started trialled out making cabinet and wardrobe with tool I have. Do you think still Erbauer will suit me for what I want to do? Dws774 dewalt I briefly tried from my builder, it isn’t too loud compared to my Wickes saw.

To be fair if that cabinet in your post is the standard you wish to build any new sliding mitre saw will do you, also why are you so concerned about how loud it is? some of my best power tools are so loud ear plugs would be a good idea whilst using them, in fact the louder the better
    Fn6Dragon Author
    Mark_Hickman11/04/2022 17:42

The fact you've only listed bosch, DeWalt and Makita tells me you won't be …The fact you've only listed bosch, DeWalt and Makita tells me you won't be interested in the below but I'll mention it anyway.I bought the below model and it's fantastic, same as all current erbaurer tools, very well made, solid and reliable.Max cross cut 305x90, double bevel, and very accurate, design of locking angles etc.. are much smoother and better designed than my old smaller DeWalt saw[Image]

Interesting. I have cheap wickes saw. Too loud and lacks refinement and power. Do you think I won’t regret going over big brands I mentioned?
    Fn6Dragon Author
    Mark_Hickman11/04/2022 18:55

You're not going to regret going over to a big brand from your Wickes …You're not going to regret going over to a big brand from your Wickes branded saw but for the same money over Dewalt, Bosch etc. the erbaurer I linked will give you great accuracy and plenty of power plus the ability to perform larger cuts and it's double bevel for the same price you'll pay for a smaller saw and single bevel.If you're using it all day every day for a trade you'd be better off paying more and buying a better top brand with double bevel bit for DIY here and there the erbaurer is perfect and has everything you need.Only thing I will point out is you mentioned it's too loud, the erbaurer is definitely not quiet but no mitre saws are

47254695-Ki8Yw.jpg
    I’m complete novice who has been watching builder renovate my house. Recently I started trialled out making cabinet and wardrobe with tool I have. Do you think still Erbauer will suit me for what I want to do?

Dws774 dewalt I briefly tried from my builder, it isn’t too loud compared to my Wickes saw.
's avatar
Top Merchants