Car tyre offer

Posted 19th Feb 2023
Hello

My one of the car tyre need replacement (7 seater size 205 55 R 17 95 W).
Other tyres are Michelin so I guess better to get this Michelin only right ?
Also, is there any deals currently anywhere on the tyres.
Thank you!
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    john184
    It is good to match tyres as much as possible for obvious reasons but it's not a necessity either and the model you are running probably won't even be manufactured anymore.
    If you have noticeable tyre wear on the other tyres there would be a valid reason to replace the next most worn tyre also and put the two new tyres on the driving axle (likely the front in your case).
    If the other tyres show little wear you could just buy the one.
    An alternative would be a part worn tyre (which often come from Germany due to their tighter limits on tyre wear) but if this is not the case avoid as it could be off a crashed car.
    Many people run mixed brand tyres but Michelin are typically a premium brand so it seems wrong to put one budget tyre on. Tyres also are typically offered with more discount when two or more are purchased.
    I assume you also don't have a full size spare that you could run for a while.
    NoddyBoy Author
    I dont have full size spare but these are run flat so still can do some miles. After filling to 36 pressure it is down to 27 today so seems like a very tiny puncture. Is it possible to fix puncture on run flats ? Is it worth it ? Thank you!
    echobase
    Costco do good prices on tyres if you’re a member. 
    Deedie
    You should search the deals for tyre offers and check out the sites for your size
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants