Check your sky bill mines gone up £5

25 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jco83
    Sky is a rip-off. Get rid 💪
    Otto.uk
    18 months contract coming to an end. My has gone from £35 to £59 for basic TV broadband and phone. We don't get fiber where we live so paying for a phone line (without phone connected) to have broadband. I called to cancel it expecting a discount. The best they could give me was another contract £35 plus the price increase.

I'll remind them that I tried to negotiate a better deal when they call me again in 3 weeks and we'll go ahead with the cancellation. (edited)
    MonkeysUncle
    That's nuts I'm only paying £38 for bt land-line broadband, BT TV and unlimited land-line calls.

I get discovery channels and sky channels too

I'm glad I ditched sky a few years ago. Complete rubbish.
    xCobehx
    If only there had been numerous other threads about this, thanks OP!:)
    MicroManaged
    Just called them.

Wouldn't budge on pricing as in contract so I have sacked off multiroom (£11) and UHD (£4) so I have gone from £32 to £37.30 to £22.30.

So by them putting the prices up, I have reduced my service down to £9.70 less a month. Great logic there Sky. If you hadn't have touched the prices I would have just paid the £32 until end of contract.

What a way to do business.
    pfpf
    "from 1st April". you're joking?
    DaveG46
    My virgin medias gone up by £13
    Toon_army
    Just ring them, they knocked the £9 they added straight off. My mates went up £20, again knocked his straight off
    davejb
    yup its nearly april.. it does every year...

with any tv, broadband or mobile contract factor in a march/april rise when you sign up or renegotiate your contract.

worse time to sign up or start a new contract is the beginning of the year as youll be lucky to get a couple months at that price before it goes up.
    u664541
    My Sky BB has gone up by £4. I’d look to cancel but their call barring Sky Angel(?) is brilliant.
    If anyone can suggest an alternative then I’m open to advice.
    Apart from unplug the phone.
    Willy_Wonka
    Share with your next door neighbour.

We used to share ours for £10 per month.
    TyroneH
    Drop to sky essentials £5 , and negotiate new package after price rise .
    hishaq
    How do you get it for £5?
    MicroManaged
    Just discovered mine is going up 15.3% but I have had zero communication from them.

What is the max that they can increase it before I call them?
    Ben10 Author
    Mine is full package goes up from £54 to £59 in April then to £61 in June

No idea why
    AB15
    Mine gone up £8. 
    jederer
    I've ditched multiscreen, it's £15pcm and I don't really use it
    MicroManaged
    I am thinking the same, although mine is £11.

I have noticed that the UHD discount has gone off my future bill so that can go too if they're just going to remove a discount that was agreed to for 18 months.

I am going to wait for the email from them and then call them.

I want to cancel in July anyway for the August contract end date and I will then also cancel my TV license.
    MicroManaged
    Talking about the Sky rise I am awaiting comms on, I have just had a letter from BT - my broadband is going up £6.47 a month.

Called them and they have kept it the same.

I suggest that everyone calls up every company that is wildly increasing their prices and keep your bills down. Even if they half the CPI costs its a little win.
    thepostie
    Mines gone from £52 to £61. Still less than what I was paying 2 years ago though.
    rcom
    Mine's gone up £10, come end of contract in July, just about all of my Sky products will be cancelled. Been a customer for 25 years but I've had enough now...
    _-Richie-_
    Mine is going from £29 to £30, I can live with that.
    Only my HD addon is increasing although £9 per month is a joke.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants