or can you just use it as it is
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Can't believe this is even a discussion. Just read the bottle
    Yes - you have to dilute it. The container will have instructions on the label
    Author
    with just normal water
    depends how strong you want it? i normally do 50/50. however now use the tablets. best invention in the world!
    Author
    as strong as possible I guess to do the best job lol I've never heard of the tablets
    You only need a high concentration in the winter to stop it freezing. In the summer it's a weaker concentration. If you read the label it will advise you.
    Author
    I put it all in shall I just use some then keep topping with water
    In summertime you dilute it down quite heavily with water. You only need it super concentrated in the middle of winter to stop it from freezing and to wash off the additional crap that gets thrown up on your windscreen in the bad weather.

One other tip is to ALWAYS use the same brand of screen wash. Some car brands like BMW/MINI in particular I’ve discovered have very fine filters in their washer tanks and get clogged up when different brands of screenwash are mixed and coagulate into some nasty goo.
    Funnily enough my mate has just had to unclog the filters on his BMW!
    No, not necessarily. Some screenwash is “ready to use” so doesn’t need diluted. Other screenwash is “concentrated” so yes you dilute it according to the instructions.
    Look at the instructions of dilution. Sometimes the mix is relatively weak so that it is almost a readymix formula.
    Premix it before pouring it in or you will get all the the concentrate issued first, then your top up water. Blend it in a drinks bottle. 2l is a good size to have stood on the shelf.
    Don't buy premix. That is the lazy way of doing it and you have no control over the strength
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants