Does anybody know what screws I need to mount an LG 49UF850V Smart 3D 4k TV please.

Posted 24th Apr 2016
I have just bought a new TV LG 49UF850V Smart 3D 4k. I am hoping to mount it on my existing stand. Unfortunately the screws I currently have that attach my old TV are not compatible. Does anybody know what type of screws I need to buy for this TV?
Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Does in not say next to the screw holes? For example m4 or m6 meaning 4 or 6 mm? Or in the manual?
    Author
    Unfortunately it doesn't say on the tv and for some reason there int a manual in the box. You've given me an idea though.... I will see if there Is an online manual that will say.
    Thanks
    Download the manual from LG website. It probably needs M6 screw types to mount.
    Download the owner manual from here Link. It states on page 12. You need four M6 screws to mount.
    The screws you currently have what size are they? They will be metric, so if you have m6 and they are not thick enough the new one might be m8 for example? Most TV mounting holes are m6 or m4, just go to B&Q and get some varied ones about the same length,
    Author
    The current ones aren't thick enough. I've tried to search online, I think I need M6!! Im guessing thats the thickness. Not sure if they come in a standard length! I will have a look in the shop tomorrow. Thankyou everyone for your help.
    Author
    Ps ....... thank you for the link.
    The screws are normally in the stand that came with the TV. I found this out after I thought I'd lost them This is assuming that you're taking about the VESA screws.
    Author
    I'll double check in the box, but the only screws I could see were short ones, I'm guessing for the stand, and they were too small for the mount holes.
    Thanks for your help.
    schlurrp

I'll double check in the box, but the only screws I could see were short … I'll double check in the box, but the only screws I could see were short ones, I'm guessing for the stand, and they were too small for the mount holes.Thanks for your help.

Are you mounting these on a VESA wall mount ? If so the screw length should be fine but you will need washers for the head size.
    Author
    Hi Kester76 (for some reason it won't let me press reply to your comment). I am mounting it on an alphason stand. There are washers on the existing screws that I will use. I just have to adjust the arm lengths on the stand to 300mm apart and once I have the right screws, I'll have the tv up and running, hopefully!
    Oh, there weren't any screws to mount the tv when i looked again in the box, just the screws for the stand. Oh we'll.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    schlurrp

Hi Kester76 (for some reason it won't let me press reply to your … Hi Kester76 (for some reason it won't let me press reply to your comment). I am mounting it on an alphason stand. There are washers on the existing screws that I will use. I just have to adjust the arm lengths on the stand to 300mm apart and once I have the right screws, I'll have the tv up and running, hopefully! :)Oh, there weren't any screws to mount the tv when i looked again in the box, just the screws for the stand. Oh we'll.Thanks so much for your help.

What's the model name of the Alphason stand ?
    Author
    It's a discontinued one called an Argon. I bought M6 screws today, wish I had bought suitable washers too as I needed them to support the small screw heads on the stand. Got the Tv on the stand okay but both the ariel and power sockets are in the same line as the lower screw holes..... So the support bars on the Aragon stnd were covering them! Long story short, the TV is finally screwed on the stnd and s working..... Hurray. Thank you for your help Kester, much appreciated. X)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants