Facebook marketplace

Posted 19th Feb 2023
Only recently registered on fb to see what was for sale on the marketplace

Why are the iPhones so cheap if they are for collection ? I get they can be blocked but an iPhone 13 Pro Max for £300
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

Categories

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Adriatique Author
    Thought so, just strange when it’s for collection as you see where they live
    mdubs
    Probably don't live there, or the old "I'm on a oil rig...blah blah blah", here's my bank details or paypal friends and family and I'll send as soon as paid. Usually if you're local ask some questions about the area in passing and see if they pick up on any of it, chances are they wont.
    mrrsoles
    Too good to be true! Be careful with your cash
    expandingmaan
    Market place is full of fake profiles and scams.
    (Usually novice users) see a good deal and realise that the person either lives too far, or doesn't live in the area the advert was posted.

The seller then offers postage and payment to be made through bank transfer or PayPal/friends.

If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
    IAmATeaf
    Either that or they may actually be selling clone/fake phones which is what I thought might be the case?
    CalmerChameleon
    If it's too good to be true (especially of FB marketplace), it's a scam.
    Kornelius
    Iphones are the top items people get scammed with on FB. 
    dcx_badass
    They'll come up with a reason to post it, or they'll want to meet in public somewhere or if they do give you an address they'll happen to be outside when you arrive and it'll turn out to be someone elses house when the phone is blocked.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants