Fire TV 4K not working with my Hisense 2.0 HDMI port..any advice?

29 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Both the Fire TV and the Hisense TV are up to date in terms of software. I have spoken to Amazon who could not offer much help. Hisense aren't open today!

I have tried the HDMI cable in the normal port and it works fine.

Do you get any picture or even the startup logo for your Fire Box?
    try another hdmi cable in that port, if that don't work then it may be the TV is faulty
    Author
    FTCom

Do you get any picture or even the startup logo for your Fire Box?

In the HDMI 2.0 port - I get the Amazon logo before the screen goes black.
    Author
    discozohan

try another hdmi cable in that port, if that don't work then it may be … try another hdmi cable in that port, if that don't work then it may be the TV is faulty

Unfortunately I do not have another cable. I have ordered another one from Amazon and have asked to return this. Until then I'm trying to figure this out!

How many HDMI ports on your Hisense TV? I take it you've tried the other HDMI ports on it?
    TV must support minimum HDCP requirements for protected content playback. Learn more. Compatible with (1) 4K ultra high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 2160p at 24/25/30/50/60Hz and HDCP 2.2, including popular models from LG, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, and others or (2) high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 50/60Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse and others.

From reading the reviews of the cable you bought appears alot of people received a generic cable that didn't work on HDMI 2.0 and not a Belkin cable so check that out. Secondly the tv unsure if these comments have something to do with it regarding 4K Amazon.

[image missing]

(edited)
    Author
    cecilmcroberts

From reading the reviews of the cable you bought appears alot of people … From reading the reviews of the cable you bought appears alot of people received a generic cable that didn't work on HDMI 2.0 and not a Belkin cable so check that out. Secondly the tv unsure if these comments have something to do with it regarding 4K Amazon.

Yeah I've ordered a new cable.

The other comments are pointless as I'm using the service through the Fire TV box. Thanks for your input.
    Author
    FTCom

How many HDMI ports on your Hisense TV? I take it you've tried the other … How many HDMI ports on your Hisense TV? I take it you've tried the other HDMI ports on it?

4 ports.

2 are the old HDMI ports. 2 are HDMI 2.0. And yes I have tried them.
    Captainbeavus

Yeah I've ordered a new cable. The other comments are pointless as I'm … Yeah I've ordered a new cable. The other comments are pointless as I'm using the service through the Fire TV box. Thanks for your input.

Yeah thought so just wasn't too sure if the delay had something to do with encoding rather than having the app hence then still wouldnt play if attached etc.
    Author
    cecilmcroberts

Yeah thought so just wasn't too sure if the delay had something to do … Yeah thought so just wasn't too sure if the delay had something to do with encoding rather than having the app hence then still wouldnt play if attached etc.

So far I've only come across one person on the Internet who has had the same problem with the same Tv. Fortunately for them, and quite miraculously, it just started working.

No luck for me
    Author
    Anyone else able to help?

Got a new HDMI cable today and still no luck.
    Try posting your issue on the below forum also TV geeks lol.

avforums.com/for…ms/
    Author
    Found the solution!

Fix: Make sure the time and date is correct. Although the auto-set feature is enabled, my TV was still displaying a date in the year 2000.

After this was corrected, the TV suddenly started downloading an update. The update was installed and now I can use the HDMI 2.0 port without an issue. (I was told by Hisense that an update wasn't available, nor could I find one on their website)

4K here I come.

To assist in future Google searches - TV model number is HE50KEC315UWTS
    I have the same problem despite receiving the update this morning. The TV arrived yesterday morning. I changed the time and date etc on setup and searched for the update and the set advised no update available. That night I switched it off via the power rocker switch and back on again this morning and was advised on startup that an update was available which I installed.
    So far I have tried my Fire TV 4K box in all the hdmi ports. It works on the 2 side ports but the Fire TV says those ports are not HDCP 2.2 compatible and will play back in 1080p. The 2 rear ports which should be compatible after the update only give me a black screen ! If I pull the Fire TV's power and reboot it, I get the Amazon logo, then nothing but a black screen.

It's good that you finally have it working, hopefully I can get it working also. Its not a deal breaker for me and I'm not going to be sending the TV back. I think it's pretty awesome for the small amount of money I paid. I got it to replace my old Sony Bravia in the short term to allow me to save up for an LG OLED which is several thousand pounds at the moment.

Alas, I will preserve with this issue. I don't think I need a specific HDMI 2.0 cable as I don't think they exist. The specs on my Amazon basics HDMI cable suggest it supports 4K
    It's sorted for me. After switching it off at the mains last night and updating the firmware this morning I rechecked the time/date settings which had reset to default. I updated them again and switched to HDMI 3 which my Fire TV 4K box is plugged into and still no joy. I switched it off into standby mode and back on again and boom ! My Fire TV 4K came alive. I'm currently watching 'Sneaky Pete' in glorious 4K whilst sipping on a makers mark Bourbon with ice. Braw !!

Merry Christmas
    Author
    GrumpyJo

It's sorted for me. After switching it off at the mains last night and … It's sorted for me. After switching it off at the mains last night and updating the firmware this morning I rechecked the time/date settings which had reset to default. I updated them again and switched to HDMI 3 which my Fire TV 4K box is plugged into and still no joy. I switched it off into standby mode and back on again and boom ! My Fire TV 4K came alive. I'm currently watching 'Sneaky Pete' in glorious 4K whilst sipping on a makers mark Bourbon with ice. Braw !!Merry Christmas

Good to hear. Enjoy!!!!
    Hello all.
    Received a 4k fire box yesterday same problem you all have (had). Still no joy. Can I ask what your firmware versions are (mine says software version v00.0100a.f0721)

Sometimes the fire box will show a picture but in the display settings says port is not hdcp2.2 compatible.
    Author
    phillgill1

Hello all. Received a 4k fire box yesterday same problem you all have … Hello all. Received a 4k fire box yesterday same problem you all have (had). Still no joy. Can I ask what your firmware versions are (mine says software version v00.0100a.f0721)Sometimes the fire box will show a picture but in the display settings says port is not hdcp2.2 compatible.

What TV do you have?
    Captainbeavus

What TV do you have?

​LTDN65K720WTSEU 65-Inch Curved 4K Smart Ultra HD LED TV

Have another cable coming tomorrow but I've had my pc plumbed in using 4k for a month or so. Also found the trick of getting to the service menu telling me that hdcp2.2 is certified.
    Author
    phillgill1

​LTDN65K720WTSEU 65-Inch Curved 4K Smart Ultra HD LED TVHave another c … ​LTDN65K720WTSEU 65-Inch Curved 4K Smart Ultra HD LED TVHave another cable coming tomorrow but I've had my pc plumbed in using 4k for a month or so. Also found the trick of getting to the service menu telling me that hdcp2.2 is certified.

This is a comment from an Amazon review.

"3 - HDCP 2.2 handshake issues - these are confirmed fixed in a firmware update due any day and this only affects new 4k HDMI devices".
    Captainbeavus

This is a comment from an Amazon review. "3 - HDCP 2.2 handshake issues - … This is a comment from an Amazon review. "3 - HDCP 2.2 handshake issues - these are confirmed fixed in a firmware update due any day and this only affects new 4k HDMI devices".

Many ​thanks for your help.
    same issue and model here. not a amazon issue as happens on my PS4 too
    and no sign of a firmware update available unfortunately
    Author
    FootballFanCarl

same issue and model here. not a amazon issue as happens on my PS4 too

Hisense have released an update which corrected the issue.
    Captainbeavus

Hisense have released an update which corrected the issue.

​is it an OTA update or do I need to download it off their site? I have tried forcing my TV to look for updates but it is saying no new updates found...
    Author
    FootballFanCarl

​is it an OTA update or do I need to download it off their site? I have t … ​is it an OTA update or do I need to download it off their site? I have tried forcing my TV to look for updates but it is saying no new updates found...

Mine was OTA and only started showing up after I began messing around with the settings. What version are you on?

Mine is V00.01.00a.G0706
    Have his ensemble 4k TV. .can't get rid of soap opera effect turned it of in TV menu still active..how do I get to service menu?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants