Gaming monitors also suitable for work

Posted 23rd Apr 2023
Hi, I’m looking to change from gaming on a tv to gaming on a monitor which I can also use as a 2nd screen for work. I’ve heard monitors can be better if they have good refresh rates etc but any suggestions for best value for money monitors, it’d be appreciated! TIA
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Denney_Masters
    What's your budget
    cameron_jarman Author
    Was hoping for something under £250?
    EndlessWaves
    You don't specify what work is but generally monitors marketed to gamers don't sacrifice anything - the cheaper ones aren't much different to other monitors and the expensive ones do normal stuff and the high refresh rates etc.

So unless your work requires something specific from a monitor there's nothing to worry about beyond any issues an individual model may have.
    aLV426
    What does your work involve? I assume it's just reading spreadsheets and emails as if it was anything else you would already have a dedicated work monitor. Unless you need calibration and colour accuracy for your work any monitor marketed as a "gaming monitor" will suffice.
    You don't mention what resolution you game at, however based on the £250 budget I will guess 2k, not much to recommend other than look for high refresh rates
    ripkord
    I have 2 x LG 32GK850G-B setup for gaming and work, came out in 2020 so probably difficult to find stock of that exact model but think you’d be able to get something similar for 250-300. Does 144Hz and despite what some folk say about 1440p at 32in being soft, it looks fine to me.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants