How good is this PC for light gaming?

Posted 16th Feb 2023
awd-it.co.uk/awd…tml

So for playing Fortnite and Rocket League, how good is this PC and is it decent or overkill?

TIA
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    jameshothothot
    uklemons
    Have you got any components from an ex rig?? If all your asking for is Fortnite and Rocket League @ 1080p thats plenty sufficient...... I'd say overkill (edited)
    LEB123
    Doesn't look great for the price to be honest. I'll have a look and see if I can find any alternatives but the processor and the graphics card probably slightly underwhelming at this price point
    uklemons
    A nvidia 3050 will give you approx 107 frames per sec in fortnite with an i5-1040, more than the human eye can see...

Price wise its mediaocre...

I wouldn't go with ebuyer! Scan, Microdirect, Aria - just suggestions... (edited)
    aLV426
    It depends on your definition of overkill - I would argue it's adequate and perhaps underpowered if you intend to game at 4K...
    Zek
    Yeah just a little bit RTX3080+
    winter_zombie
    this bit made me laugh "latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Graphics Card"

their is nothing overkill about this system , it will play most games at a medium/high setting at 1080p
    but its just a budget gaming system. the 3050 is nothing special and you really want to be aiming for a 3060. if you can i would suggest building you own, their can be bargains to be had new and second hand. and you get the understanding and enjoyment out of building your own system.
    propyl21 Author
    I have a budget of £650 max so not sure I can fit a 3060 into that? I've seen some laptops go for that price with a 3060 but have held off so far for one reason or another
    LEB123
    It's a bit pricier but think the extra bit would be worth it for a RTX 3060 upgrade
    propyl21 Author
    I should have mentioned that this would be for my 12 year old nephew who wants to play games like Fortnite and Rocket League, so nothing special. He doesn't need 4K etc.
    Zek
    Should be fine for that, does seem a bit pricey though, would expect a 3060 for this price (although I don't know much about prices lol) Does he have a monitor/keyboard/mouse/speakers? Are you competing for the "best uncle" award?

Just looked and 3050 in fortnite 1080p high is around 100fps so fine really

Alternative: hotukdeals.com/dea…860 (edited)
    propyl21 Author
    Thank you all for the great advice!
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants