is £29.45 an "acceptable" price for 1000mb internet?

Posted 17th Feb 2023
Seen a deal with a company in my area, 4.7/5 on trustpilot but unsure if this price is reasonable considering they are the only ones that offer this service.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    cristoff
    Yes but be careful with some of these newer start ups. I was tracking a few city fibre providers in the run up to my bt contract expiring and the reviews fell off a cliff after a while due to over subscription and issues handling larger customer bases.

£30 for 1Gb is good
    Derpsauce
    I'm with cityfibre via Vodafone, no issues sofar, paying £28 for the 1g package. But as stated if its oversold they'll have problem.
    Stormbringer2012
    I'm paying £25 for mine from YouFibre great value no issues.
    bozo007
    Thank you for writing a post with a self explanatory subject line. I am just not able to understand why people think lazy posting will help them.
    one_eight_seven
    People don’t know how to help themselves!
    tardytortoise
    If it's £29.45 per month its a good deal.
    If it's £29.45 per year its a brilliant deal.
    If it;s £29.45 per day its a bad deal.

If it's with a reputable well known business who have been in the business many years it is a good deal.
    If it's with a fairly newish company - too risky IMHO. What hard guarantees are being provided for those speeds 24/7/365? What compensation do you get if they fail on their promised service levels?
    ProStreet
    I pay 78 a month so yes (my only option to get 1gb)
    CalmerChameleon
    That's really good! I pay that for 450mbps with BT.
    Anonymous User
    I wish - I pay £32 for up to 70mbps with Sky - more like 59mbps...

Best I can get at the moment...
    McJihad
    I think that's a great deal. I'm paying Virgin media £37 a month for just over 200mps.
    jameshothothot
    Yes I pay £23 for standard fibre 70mb (edited)
    EndlessWaves
    That is suspiciously cheap for so much bandiwdth so check the contract for automatic price rises, usage limits and so on.

It could just be a aggressive price for a small network that's trying to build membership.
    LivyH
    I pay £30 pm with Youfibre for 1G, installed seamlessly 16 months ago, I got a few mesh boxes included. Occasional hiccups, most updates/maintenance is after midnight. They guarantee no mid contract increases, excessive usage policy is ambiguous, so long as your usage isn’t impacting others on the network it’s not an issue.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants