LG Oled guidance please

Posted 20th Jun 2023
Hi all,

We currently have a 65 inch curved Samsung SUHD which we need to move on due to a new room layout.

The long haired commander wants a TV on the chimney breast, and I quite want an oled. If I put a 65 up there, it will literally take up the whole width of the breast and I think it'll actually be a bit too close to the log burner so I'm looking at 55"s

So, here are my options

Oled55b26la - £750, Costco, but need to keep membership to get the 5 year warranty (Costco is about 150 miles away and I go once /twice a year). Could possibly find one for £799 with the warranty and no Costco membership requirement.

Oled55cs6la - I can get this for £770 delivered, but only 1 year warranty (unless the 5 years everyone seems to be offering is an in box redemption!)

Oled55C26Ld (evo panel) - I can get an open box one with 5 year warranty for £950.

We don't watch a lot of films or do any gaming.

Seeing the B2 and C2 side by side in store, it's a clear difference, but if I hadn't seen it, I'm not sure if I would have been disappointed by the B2 if that makes sense, and I definitely don't know if it's worth an extra £180 to me. Especially considering I need new carpets, blinds, accessories etc (according to the female)

What would you go for, and why? And is the warranty that much of a factor?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Out of the 3 it would be the c2. If you had to. I wouldn't buy any of them though. I have a c2, wouldn't buy another. Will be Sony exclusively going forward for me (edited)
    Author
    Can I ask why?
    Get good contents insurance with accidental damage, OLED panels are extremely fragile.
    Author
    For sure - I've got two kids. And the less said about my wife the better that said, I did break an expensive AEG induction hob with a calpol bottle a few months back 😣
    I've never had a problem with TVs so I personally wouldn't worry about the warranty. C2 is an excellent TV we bought a 42" one especially for our gaming room that myself and kid use for our consoles. The graphics and pixel quality are amazing and if I had the money and needed a new TV for our lounge I would love to get one. If you can stretch the extra cash I would recommend it. (edited)
    Author
    Yeah, I called them and they confirmed it's only if you maintain a continuous membership.

I suspect this is the sentence from the link they would refer to 'Warranty only applies to Costco UK members'

Anyway, I bought the CS from very for £759 plus £9 postage on a 20% back deal (£949 everywhere else) . I'll take the chance on the warranty. If it goes bad it's a good chance it'll happen in the first 12 months, if it happens after 2 years the equivalent tv would probably be £500 anyway and this way I'm getting a better tv.

Probably still keep Costco membership though, simply for the mac and cheese balls (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants