Looking for a business type laptop

Posted 25th Feb 2023
I'm looking for a business type laptop. I know there's the ThinkPad and latitudes, are there any others?

It doesn't have to be brand new I know these cost a lot brand new

Anyone know of any deals
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

27 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    AndyRoyd
    Hilarious.
    Not convinced the mandatory 4G connectivity is going to be satisfied with the remaining budget of £3295.
    And a penny.
    slimy31
    From a business perspective the Thinkpads and Latitudes are highly rated because they last, Thinkpads in particular have been some of the most reliable laptops I've owned. We had only one that had a design fault (a really weak fan that could very easily overheat and seize).

It also means that they often come through refurb companies like the one jrw posted, and despite being a few years old they can be relied on to continue for many more years. If I needed a cheap 'daily driver' I'd go for a Thinkpad.
    bozo007
    What specs and uses? "Business type" is a vague requirement unless you want something that only makes you look like you are a busy executive.
    Lil6ix
    The laptop will need to come with a Starbucks cup.
    Cisco060606
    Why do you need 4G?
    Just turn on Hotspot on your mobile and tenthering! (edited)
    Lil6ix
    If you want premium robust quality go for a mac. Doesn’t even need to be the latest..2015 up is fine.

Whats your budget? (edited)
    Thumbnail Author
    I would say £350 max. I need a device with 4g / LTE connectivity (edited)
    bozo007
    The Latitude line from Dell is excellent. I have been using a 7290 for the last 4 years and it has held up well, with battery life still around 5 hours (unless video calls are happening). i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD and can easily cope with the zillion security apps that run constantly in the background.

No idea what was the price as this was a corporate purchase. (edited)
    darlodge
    As mentioned, the Latitude line from Dell are great and will work for most back office people. Its only really engineering and maybe design roles that need more.

LenovoThinkPad are also amazing machines but you don't need to spend anywhere near your budget as your needs sound pretty simple.

You might need to be more specific on what you actually need or expect the laptop to do.
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants