McDonalds - £1.99 Deal with Receipt ??

Posted 17th Jul 2023
I've been using the £1.99 McDonalds deal (for Bigmac and Fries) for as long as I can remember.

It seems that it is now not possible to get these online without having a recent McDonalds receipt. Has anyone found any way around this ?

Was hoping to buy two lots of these later today.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've always got a receipt when getting my £1.99 offer, so I'm in an endless loop at the moment. If the machine dosn't give me a receipt I'd let them know and they'd print me one out
    Living the dream.
    The short answer is no, you have to input the code on the receipt, if you're lucky there might be one left on a table or you could try a spot of bin raiding to get yourself started.
    They fixed the exploit that lets you give feedback without a receipt, probably because it was so well known on consumer forums like HUKD.
    To be able to do the survey you need to report on your experiance, hence needing the receipt.
    Author
    Up until very recently though, that you haven't needed a receipt to do this. This seems to have changed in the last couple of months.
    I have found that the self service machine don't usually have a receipt come out or the printer is shoddy and can't be read - just be mindful. Wrote to customer service and gave me 3 free codes
    If you mean the receipt expiring after 2-3 months it been like that for a while.
    Author
    No, you used to be able to complete the survey for your visit without needing to have the receipt code, but this changed some time ago I believe. I don't think it is possible to enter the 4 digit store code anymore even though it gives you the option to do this. It only seems to accept an actual receipt code.
    Bin raid or worst case, hop on Twitter and look for people mentioning McDonalds UK and there are people who post pictures of their reciept you can take the codes off.
    Does this still work as a loop? I just tried my second qr code (on a separate reciept to the first one I used) and the code would work. I assumed that it worked once per address or something?
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants